Hello, can share with me your GD diet for breakfast?

Hello, can share with me your GD diet for breakfast? Mine is very repetitive and boring, would like to find more options. 1. Rolled oats , milk , 1 hard boil egg 2. Low GI bread with cheese, milk and 1 hard boil egg. I'm running out of options.. The Kellogs Cornflake cereals made my reading go super high, I'm looking for LOW GI cornflakes. Not sure if there is even 1 low GI cereal in the market.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

you can pair low GI bread with different spread or fillings. I’ve been eating Sunshine low GI bread because I love how nutty it is as compared to Gardenia’s. All of these do not spike my glucose level: - mayver almond spread with chia seed - mayver dark roasted crunchy peanut spread - mayonnaise egg with avocado + American cheese + cucumber/lettuce + tomato - ham and cheese Also, Farmers Union greek yoghurt with different toppings ie blueberries, walnut, almond, peanut spread that has no sugar added (mayver) and chia seed. I love buying all the mixed nuts from Scoop. Another thing that I love to make is omelette but with different ingredients ie bell peppers, baby spinach, tomato, cheddar / American cheese, ham etc.

Read more
1y trước

Yes it is

try.... natural greek yogurt with nuts or wholemeal wrap with greens & slices of grilled turkey/chicken/beef or low fat milk with granola nuts or pan fried scrambled eggs with toasted wholemeal bread there's a lot of choices based on ur taste buds but it's all a matter of how much u eat for breakfast & how u drag ur timings till next blood glucose reading/insulin intake & next lunch/meal intake I have gestational diabetes & taking insulin 5 times a day. And Im a dummy to know which are carbs, proteins etc. It's just too confusing & stressful for my brain. 😶

Read more
1y trước

*find

You can try Weetbix. The taste is similar to cornflakes but low sugar/carbs and it's wholewheat. Can occasionally have canned tuna/sardine with low GI bread, scrambled egg or sunny side up, natural yogurt (meiji bulgaria yogurt no added sugar) and blueberries, frozen wholemeal buns (not too many though, check label for sugar/carbs content).

Read more
1y trước

yes, meiji yogurt is made from pasteurized milk.. i think most if not all yogurt in sg supermarkets are safe.

Oh, not sure if you are a fan of muffin but I am. The muffins from this keto shop is awesome https://www.angebakesketo.com/online-store/Keto-Bakery-c68218101 My 1hr after meal reading after eating 2 keto muffins for breakfast was 4.8 - see screenshot attached 😄

Post reply image
Thành viên VIP

Wholemeal bread? Low fat milk. Brown rice porridge? Brown rice bee Hoon? For me personally, I stroll for 30mins after each meal. That works like wonder. I was a borderline GDM then, failed by 0.2 🤪

Read more

One mid size banana and one cup of hot milk worked for me, and after measuring at 2hr post breakfast, i’ll have a whole meal sandwich with cheese.