Need advise

My wife is giving birth in July, but confused which brand of pampers to buy.I have researched brand like pampers,huggies,Mamypoko but still unsure which is suitable. I scared that my newborn baby to have rashes...? And also is it advisable to buy S then rather NB? Cause New born is up to 5kg where S is 3kg to 7kg.. *Ps: 1st time becoming father

28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Still need to buy NB diapers. S is too big. Dont worry, just buy 1 or 2 packs first as NB will need to change frequently anyway. At least 10 times a day. Seriously. For me Huggies for NB is good because got colour change when baby's diaper is full and need to change (changes from yellow strips to blue strips) . Not sure if all NB diapers have. But of course dont wait till very dark colour change then change diaper. Every 3hrs must change. Newborns just use wetwipes. But once bigger, better use water to wash off. More hygienic. And once bigger, we prefer Mamypoko because the tape is more secure and diaper is thicker. That's what i think. You can trial and error. Hope it helps abit. And Congrats!

Read more
Super Mom

It’s mind boggling why there are so many around. Google for free samples and collect as many as you can to try before deciding which you prefer for further use. NB packs are cheaper than S and better to get NB if possible first cause during the first 2 months, baby poop quite often - several times daily so you may change diaper up to 10 plus times a day. There are many offers online on shopee and redmart for NB diapers. Lesser for S size. However, you can still get some S size as standby in case your baby outgrow NB fast. Diaper barrier cream like mustela is good to prevent rash.

Read more

It depends on the baby weight and size. U have to wait until closer of delivery date to decide. Advisable is to buy 1-2 pkt newborn diapers first. If yours is a Breast fed baby, will tend to poo more will need more diapers. I have the same thoughts too that bb will have rash. Thus I bought a pkt of huggies platimum and pampers premium for NB size each to try. Personally I favour Pamper premium as it is more comfortable. Total i used up 4 pkt of NB. Now i switch to drypers wee for S size. It is cheaper and quality acceptable.

Read more

Congrats bro! Personally I feel that mild nappy rash once in a while is unavoidable so it’ll happen regardless of brand anyway. So to me the brand only matters for considerations like comfort, absorbency & budget. Also, definitely get a NB size at the start even though the baby will outgrow it pretty soon usually. On the topic of nappy rash, the cream Desitin really helps as a protective layer to prevent it everytime we have a diaper change. Hope that helps! :-)

Read more
Thành viên VIP

I think you can go for Huggies NB first which is what the hospital usually give. Don’t buy too many packs. Just buy 1-2 packs of the brands you want to try. Need to monitor and see if it is suitable for your baby. For example, Merries is really absorbent but it can be very hot and bulky. Peekapoo is thin and breathable but it leaks when my baby wore it overnight. Pampers Premium is good but can be expensive without any sale.

Read more

any brand is fine.. i’ve tried all the different brands (pampers, huggies, merries, mamypoko, moony, drypers, etc etc) & they all work fine.. usually just get whichever is on offer/ having discount.. NB size get 3-4 big packets will be more than enough.. to prevent diaper rash, change the diapers often (abt every 4hrs) & use diaper rash cream (e.g. mustela, desitin, etc.) after every change..

Read more

standby at least 1-2 NB size in case baby can’t fit into S yet, first few days sure can fit NB size, if you find that baby is big u can buy S & maybe sell the NB size. Hospital will also pass u the remaining diapers for u to bring home. Huggies is a popular choice, can try first. every baby is different, some brand might be better for some babies. All the best!

Read more
Thành viên VIP

I stayed in KKH . Baby weigh 3.3kg Hospital give JB 1 packet plantinum Huggies I got mixed up and bought 3 packets of Huggies gold NB. I got my nanny to changed diaper frequently. Used up all NB and switch to S size immediate. Plantinum Huggies cutting is bigger Gold is smaller. Comfy wise, plantinum is the best to me. Thin and breathable.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Try to request for samples. Don’t have to commit to one brand before baby arrives. After baby is born you can try and see which works best for baby and you. I usually buy from Carousell because there’s a lot people selling due to baby outgrown. And you don’t need a lot NB diaper as baby change to S size very soon

Read more
Thành viên VIP

U can buy 2 pack of NB diapers first. Cos u will tend to change every 2 hrs so normally won't have rash. Even if there is then probably its allergy. Everyone go thru trial and error. Just keep trying different brands. No harm! 😊 Mamypoko, Pampers and Merries are all good brands. All the best, daddy!

Read more