Need a listening ear .. I've currently on at least 1 year no pay leave to be SAHM to take care of my two kids (age 7 and 16 months old).. especially for my 16 months old cos previously when I was still working , I sent him to infant care but he kept falling sick .. though I know it is normal that they will fall sick initially but he got bronchitis 3-4x.. thus, the decision to take care of my kids by myself cos I have no other help ..no parents or in-law's help available .. couldn't find a suitable babysitter .. my job is quite a high paying one , thus initially my hubby was unwilling for me to take 1 year no pay leave but seeing our baby down with bronchitis so many times within the short span of 6 months , we decided that perhaps this is the best choice for now .. I realised that being a SAHM is tough but satisfying .. there are challenging days but seeing my kids achieving their milestones is something that money can't buy. I also realised that becos I'm a SAHM now , my hubby becomes less Hands-on.. maybe he thinks that I'm not working so leave everything to me especially when it comes to handling the kids .. I still think he should bond with the kids but now is like he completely push everything to me :( he always say you are not earning now , full time housewife , so gotta do more . I'm okie to do more but at least he should spend time playing with kids too, right ? And whenever I wanna go grocery shopping or buy something for the kids, he will keep reminding me that I'm not earning now, don't anyhow spend .. I didn't anyhow spend .. i jus buy what is necessary like grocery and kid's necessities .. every time I need to spend money to buy what is needed, I'll feel so stressed .. and the way he says it makes me feel bad that I'm not working .. any SAHM here who is in similar situation as me ? Give up high paying job for at least a year to take care of family and kids full time?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

mummy. kudos to you! i was a werking mom before deciding to take care of my peas age 1,3 and 6. i was very depress and unaccepted of my life for at least the first 10 mnths... but i slowly began to realise that its very rewarding. becos i get to witness alot of my childrens growth... i have more mental convo with them compare to my werk plc stress level are totally different when ure werking and Sahm.... but u know u are doing things the way you want things to run in the house... at the end of the day, even so we are not paid with money,... we get paid by simple werds like " i love you so much mummy... dont go back to werk"... "i want to sleep with you tonight"... "you are the best chef!" and these simple werds are so satisfying to heart. apart from tat .... u kids are more bonded with you. and would mostly listen to you most... if the husband feel like you need to handle all on your own, u excuse urself... take a breather and let him feel how its like being home with kids all times.... slowly he will appreciate and give u hand when u need (i hope) .... the next worst feeling is when ur have to go back to work.. u will feel a sense of dilema... its tough.. but if u decide to stay home all the way... hey we got nothing to loose here... 🙂🙂 all the best mummy. u r doing fine 👌🏽

Read more

Hi I am in a worse situation than you. I left my high paying and stable job for my husband to develop his career overseas and then I had to come back when I was pregnant as I couldn't get used to the food overseas. When I came back to SG I lost the spouse allowance. I have been trying to look for a job for a year but it i hard since I stop work for about two years. And the higher you are in your career the harder it gets to find a job . Especially for me as a new mom, to adapt to a new job and environment and yet want to come back home on time to see my baby it is a clash of interests . I am thinking to do part time work. Meanwhile when i wasn't working for these two years I sell things online to earn pocket money. Things are tough coz I still have a mortgage go pay ...I am feeling very stressed too. But sometimes I think about the time I spent with my gal and how much she has learnt then I feel consoled. But most time I feel tired and when my gal is fussy and naughty I really feel like why am I a sahm. Focus on your kids. The rest of the things will resolve somehow . And about your husband telling you not to spend , well men are insensitive . And men in general are not hands on be it whether the wife is working or not. Sigh ...let's hang in there and focus on our kids

Read more

I've lost my job when my ex boss found out I was pregnant during my probation. It's been about 2 years now, life is definitely a bit tougher esp finances wise. I haven't really bought any new clothes or shoes for myself in the longest time. Feel down sometimes like why am I in such a situation only depending on my husband. Luckily my husband is very understanding so he doesn't mention that I'm a SAHM and not contributing financially etc, in fact he feels it's better that I'm home with the baby instead of putting her in ifc or cc. It's definitely not because he makes a lot either, we are just barely surviving with what he's making, we are living simply now. I'll prob work again when baby is older but it'll be a lot harder to find a job then since I've been out of job for such a long while. Meanwhile I'm doing some freelance designing job to make some money, not much but enough to buy things here and there. I feel sometimes is better to act blur and don't take your husband's comments too seriously. Don't be affected by him and just do your job as a mother and enjoy it while it last. You'll eventually go back to work when the kiddos start school.

Read more

I am a SAHM for a year now, i dont have a high paying job but I can understand the financial freedom you used to have before deciding to stay at home. I feel that what concerns you more is the attitude of your husband because either he is stressed of the lesser income and all expenses falls on him, if not he don't understand the important role of SAHM, which unfortunately percieved as do nothing at home. Do have a good talk with your husband that you are hurt by some of his comments on money spending, ask him if he is struggling on finances. If he is, better to get back to work when your #2 gets better. Otherwise if he keep on talking about thrifting on expenses in the long run, it will only made you feel stressed and like a burden as well. If his appreciation has increased, great news for you as you will be a happier SAHM.

Read more

i'm so sorry to have heard your situation,I have the same situation similar like yours my hubby keep asking me to accompany my boy till 3yrs and sent him directly to nursery but I told him I'm really exhausted with no helper I got to do everything except cooking as I call for ting kat i think we should speak up for ourself rather then keeping quiet,I used to be quiet and keep everything to myself but after i voice out everything is better at least now I got a weekend helper to help and ting kat previously I got to cook do hse work pretty tired sometimes think of it I feel so pity for us women as we have to carry the heavy burden then mens n they just think that it's our job n not theirs... stay strong mummy you can do it for the sake of our child💪💁🙌god bless you and your family🙇🙏😇

Read more

I did that for 3 years and the rewards are so great that my husband decided he want to do that too to foster a stronger bonding with our kids. He is now taking his 3 years break with our kids while I am back to workforce. It is a tough decision on him but we make a lot of adjustments as a family to achieve that. After being a stay at home daddy for 2 months, he also start to understand my situation earlier more when he make those nasty or harsh comments to me when I am doing the marketing. After these years, we also come up with a better way to manage our finances in fact we are so much richer than we both work. Everything has two sides, it is depend on how the two of you look at that and make it work for you.

Read more

Me too SAHM in such dilemma😢 been working for the past years till I got pregnant n my LO is currently 6 months. Recently went to sign up IFC for him, he will be 10 months in feb when he starts ifc. Felt so sad when I did the registration form as though I have signed him up to be in prison 😢 as much I wanna spend time with him but I do know I hv to work to save up for raining days. Hubby told me to take care of him till he’s older but apart of me feels so unproductive staying home even though I treasure the time with my LO. #aimlessnotsurewhatIamdoingisright😌 Thank u for listening.

Read more

Dont keep it to yourself girl, cause 1 day if you really cannot tahan,you will burst. Talk to him, if cannot bring yourself to talk, message him. He knows exactly what you are feeling because he is a human too. He knows what is emotions. If he talks too much, everyday u cook sardine or you tell him do the marketing. I 've been in your shoe before, Prada is it? Haha I know the feeling. ~~I hate you i loveyou~~ something like this song. Be strong girl! :)

Read more

SAHM is the hardest job. people say good life, well it depends on how you look at it. we don't have any off days. unlike work when you go home you can rest. we can't. we literally are everything, one person to fill so many roles. Talk to hubby and help him understand. men generally do not understand and are not helpful in this sense.

Read more
6y trước

yes i totally agree... men and their thinking... always wait for us to ask them for help... not auto...

Thành viên VIP

Being a SAHM is not easy and not all women can do it.. And I feel you but in such scenerio baby health is more important maybe when they get older then u get back to work again... As for hubby part , i think both of you need talk to each other. As man are always like this