Need a listening ear .. I've currently on at least 1 year no pay leave to be SAHM to take care of my two kids (age 7 and 16 months old).. especially for my 16 months old cos previously when I was still working , I sent him to infant care but he kept falling sick .. though I know it is normal that they will fall sick initially but he got bronchitis 3-4x.. thus, the decision to take care of my kids by myself cos I have no other help ..no parents or in-law's help available .. couldn't find a suitable babysitter .. my job is quite a high paying one , thus initially my hubby was unwilling for me to take 1 year no pay leave but seeing our baby down with bronchitis so many times within the short span of 6 months , we decided that perhaps this is the best choice for now .. I realised that being a SAHM is tough but satisfying .. there are challenging days but seeing my kids achieving their milestones is something that money can't buy. I also realised that becos I'm a SAHM now , my hubby becomes less Hands-on.. maybe he thinks that I'm not working so leave everything to me especially when it comes to handling the kids .. I still think he should bond with the kids but now is like he completely push everything to me :( he always say you are not earning now , full time housewife , so gotta do more . I'm okie to do more but at least he should spend time playing with kids too, right ? And whenever I wanna go grocery shopping or buy something for the kids, he will keep reminding me that I'm not earning now, don't anyhow spend .. I didn't anyhow spend .. i jus buy what is necessary like grocery and kid's necessities .. every time I need to spend money to buy what is needed, I'll feel so stressed .. and the way he says it makes me feel bad that I'm not working .. any SAHM here who is in similar situation as me ? Give up high paying job for at least a year to take care of family and kids full time?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Being a SAHM isnt easy. I tell myself. I suffer first and have a slightly hard life to begin with. once my kids are older, there is always another chance for me to venture outside. Not easy to go back into working force after so long but its better then nothing

Thành viên VIP

i gave up my high paid career to get pregnant. we talked and felt we wanted to see how our child grow. and thus i am a sahm. now my girl is turning 30months. i am sending her to cc and i am going back FT. it takes a lot of communication to come to a decision

Thành viên VIP

i don't have a high paying job. But think it in a positive way. Hang in there for the kids milestones and develop a bonding with them. As they gets older, im sure you can go back to workforce. Mummy you are doing a great job!

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-24772)