Nature of work

Hello Mummies! I am a childcare teacher and currently looking playgroup (18-24months) .. I have realised that Im easily stressed due to their crying and sudden changes in their behaviour. There will be times that we need to carry the kids as well because some are new kids and need comfort from us. During my 1st trimester, my pregnancy was quite sensitive and I often had spotting. That’s when I decided I needed to resign. I felt like the routine and stuff in my current job won’t be healthy for me and my baby. I just want to ask if there some of you who also decided to stop working due to the nature of their work? I’m still like having a second thoughts about what I did because some people say you’ll feel better once you passed 1st trimester. Now Im 17 weeks but the routine in my current job makes me really tired. Need to bend down most of the times to play with kids, wash poop, carry when they’re crying, emotional stress and other things. Im planning to work from home job but it is going be night shift. Are there anyone who also work during night time? How are u and ur baby? #firstbaby #firsttimemom

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Almost same situation as yours, but I am still in first trimester (11 weeks) and handling projects on renovation works. Need to go construction site and frequent walking ard campus. And construction site also got work risk, I am thinking to resign cos it’s a very stressful job plus we have shortage of manpower. I also had minor spotting during week 7-8 too. Before this I had a loss last year too. I even tot of taking sabbatical leave for one to two months to rest cos I got depression n anxiety issues. My Hr advise if I could apply for hospitalisation leave instead so I could still be paid for the period tt I need to rest. But even after tt I still have to go back and face the stressful work and plus a not so nice boss. Sometimes I also think tt our mental health is so impt den money. Need to let go and family is more impt now at this stage. It’s a hard decision, cos also need to consider finances.

Read more
11mo trước

That’s right. The reason why I still would like to find another WFH job is to at least have some benefits during my maternity leave.

hey mummy! i feel you! i was an educarer too. i only conceived th moment i quit my job. stress level is too high in that ctr (after a year trying) and my husband doesn't allow me to work ever since. you know your body better. if you cannot manage with th stress, the mental health from parents, RO, colleagues thn its good to leave.. dont want to affect your baby.. you can go back to work once youre done with maternity or whenever you are ready.. work from home is a good idea. but why night shift tho? (long term, after giving birth, you will be deprived of sleep.. what more when you gotta get up to feed your baby every 2 hourly? you will definitely wanna sleep too at night)

Read more
11mo trước

all the best mummy!! do whichever you're comfortable with.. dont overexert yourself okay! hugs..

Hi I was also a preschool teacher and actually found out I was pregnant slightly before I resigned. Honestly my initial thoughts to resign was to take a one or two months break before going back. But after finding out about my pregnancy and discussing with my husband, we made the decision for me to just stop working for now. Reasons being the nature of the job and the stress it gave me even before resigning, its really not easy taking the playgroup class in our current situation cause of how the job nature is. And like what everyone here encouraged, ultimately do what's good for you, baby and family.

Read more
11mo trước

Thank you Sis.

hi mummy i got my current job last 2021.i working in a fine dine restaurant and its really tiring.I having a miscarriage because of my stress coz my job not that simple.My husband and me really upset. I work for 1year again to move on and rest.last year we try again to conceive,Thank God for giving us a chance ,so that time my husband decided to stop me from working.He told me that he do want to go through again what happened in the past years.And i am happy to resign of my work thanks for my supporting husband.Now im currently on my 30weeks of pregnancy and can't wait to hold and see our baby🙂.

Read more
11mo trước

Hi Sis, Im so happy that you’re having a baby now after what happened to you. If its really meant to be, it will be. My hubby was also supportive but Im the one that doesnt want to stop working.

I think just do what you feel is best for your body, and your baby. I quit my high-stress accounting job to embark on fertility treatments (the hormone meds made my mental state quite haywire and it was really difficult to cope with high job stress as well, along with other physical side effects). Thankfully my husband was supportive. So I thought, if I need lower stress environment for fertility treatment, I guess it will be even more important to lower your stress when you are pregnant. All the best to you!

Read more
11mo trước

Thank you Sis. Im glad Im not the only one who came across in this decision making. Its not really easy to give up the job.

hello! im 9 weeks pregnant and am educarer myself. just had a massive breakdown last week because i was too stress. Im pg teacher too and managing 8 toddlers alone in class most of the time is really insane. now still deciding if i shuld continue working or quit for the safety and health of the baby. 😌

Read more
11mo trước

Based on my experienced, my patience isnt as long compared to last time. Now, a little bit of misbehaviour makes me angry and upset. I tend to raise my voice already because I cannot tahan. Just like u, I dont have the support coz the new teachers who will replace me are still young and cannot manage the kids yet. As much as I want to be relax, I cannot do it. Coz if I will not control the kids, everyone will go haywire.

I left my job too after finding out I was pregnant. Hubby was supportive thankfully. Spent my days more relaxed and happy for sure. Will be going back to the workforce 2-3 mths I after deliver…

11mo trước

That’s good to hear Sis. My hubby was also supportive to my decision to resign. Its just that, I feel like I still need to work so Im looking for WFH job before giving birth.

I quit my job at 22 weeks because the culture was toxic and stressful for me mentally. You have to do what is best for you and your baby.

11mo trước

Thank you Sis. Im glad I made the right decision.

Influencer của TAP

do what is best for u coz ur emotional wellbeing matters a lot too! all the best 💕

11mo trước

Thank you sis.

the night shift may also affect how you feel throughout your pregnancy.

11mo trước

Hi sis, the reason why its going to be night shift is because the company’s client are from US. We need to accommodate their time. I used to work in this industry before but that was when Im not pregnant yet. Maybe now might felt different too since Im pregnant. I rlly dont know yet if I will take this job or not.