Nature of work

Hello Mummies! I am a childcare teacher and currently looking playgroup (18-24months) .. I have realised that Im easily stressed due to their crying and sudden changes in their behaviour. There will be times that we need to carry the kids as well because some are new kids and need comfort from us. During my 1st trimester, my pregnancy was quite sensitive and I often had spotting. That’s when I decided I needed to resign. I felt like the routine and stuff in my current job won’t be healthy for me and my baby. I just want to ask if there some of you who also decided to stop working due to the nature of their work? I’m still like having a second thoughts about what I did because some people say you’ll feel better once you passed 1st trimester. Now Im 17 weeks but the routine in my current job makes me really tired. Need to bend down most of the times to play with kids, wash poop, carry when they’re crying, emotional stress and other things. Im planning to work from home job but it is going be night shift. Are there anyone who also work during night time? How are u and ur baby? #firstbaby #firsttimemom

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think just do what you feel is best for your body, and your baby. I quit my high-stress accounting job to embark on fertility treatments (the hormone meds made my mental state quite haywire and it was really difficult to cope with high job stress as well, along with other physical side effects). Thankfully my husband was supportive. So I thought, if I need lower stress environment for fertility treatment, I guess it will be even more important to lower your stress when you are pregnant. All the best to you!

Read more
12mo trước

Thank you Sis. Im glad Im not the only one who came across in this decision making. Its not really easy to give up the job.