Nature of work

Hello Mummies! I am a childcare teacher and currently looking playgroup (18-24months) .. I have realised that Im easily stressed due to their crying and sudden changes in their behaviour. There will be times that we need to carry the kids as well because some are new kids and need comfort from us. During my 1st trimester, my pregnancy was quite sensitive and I often had spotting. That’s when I decided I needed to resign. I felt like the routine and stuff in my current job won’t be healthy for me and my baby. I just want to ask if there some of you who also decided to stop working due to the nature of their work? I’m still like having a second thoughts about what I did because some people say you’ll feel better once you passed 1st trimester. Now Im 17 weeks but the routine in my current job makes me really tired. Need to bend down most of the times to play with kids, wash poop, carry when they’re crying, emotional stress and other things. Im planning to work from home job but it is going be night shift. Are there anyone who also work during night time? How are u and ur baby? #firstbaby #firsttimemom

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hello! im 9 weeks pregnant and am educarer myself. just had a massive breakdown last week because i was too stress. Im pg teacher too and managing 8 toddlers alone in class most of the time is really insane. now still deciding if i shuld continue working or quit for the safety and health of the baby. 😌

Read more
12mo trước

Based on my experienced, my patience isnt as long compared to last time. Now, a little bit of misbehaviour makes me angry and upset. I tend to raise my voice already because I cannot tahan. Just like u, I dont have the support coz the new teachers who will replace me are still young and cannot manage the kids yet. As much as I want to be relax, I cannot do it. Coz if I will not control the kids, everyone will go haywire.