Do you prefer female gynae or male gynae? Why?

55 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

I was a subsidised patient and did not get to choose my gynae. My first consultation was with this female gynae who was extremely harsh and tactless. Mine was an unplanned pregnancy and when I told her I didn't take folic acid before conception, she chided me and said it was bad for the foetus. Perhaps she didn't understand the meaning of "unplanned" pregnancy. I've actually had better experiences with male gynaes. They are more easygoing and equally professional. There are nurses beside whenever the male gynae performs a procedure, so nothing funny can happen. Anyway, all the male gynaes I've met so far were very professional.

Read more
5y trước

Hi can u elaborate on the subsidised patient? I want to know more! Thanks

Female for sure! Just seems a little creepy to have a middle-aged "uncle" looking up your va-jay-jay. Worse if he is young and handsome. Just feels wrong for me personally. But I've had many friends choose male ones because they tend to be more gentle. So they say. Because male gynaes would have no earthly idea the pain of childbirth -- they can only imagine and sympathize deeply, hence the compassion and "gentleness". It's really a matter of personal choice. There is no right or wrong.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

What I heard is male tends to b more gentle than female gynae as male duno the pain that female experience, thus will be more gentle and careful. However, to me not true. Both my pregnancies both my gynae are female and they are gentle and experience. Also my own preference and comfort. So really depends on you. Most importantly is choose an experience gynae. U can search online and see comments from mummies on the diff gynae before u decides.

Read more

I prefer a male gynae I was Lucky cause u use to work for a female gynae before n she was always late n she was never nice to patients they will ever come out crying she just gave them no hope whatsoever n try nw I work for a male gynae he very gud I must said always on time n he really does listen to his patient I love him very much

Read more

From my experience. I'd prefer female. Coz all male gynaes that i met never as detailed as the females. Whenever i asked about my pregnancy, they didnt elaborate it. Just casually answered it and left me with more doubt. On the other hand. The females are more understanding and very helpful as they're also experience the same thing.

Read more

My gynae was a male.. He wasn't that opened to elaborate me on certain things and I'm a first time mum. He later transferred me to the main hospital and I met this female gynaes the one who attended to me was OK but the 2nd one to assist OMG..... 😔😔😔 I cried

I prefer a male gynae...its bcs of the experience i had when i 1st visited a gynae..he is so nice nd he knows how to treat pregnant women i would say my doctor is good👨‍⚕️

in Asia mostly women like me prefer a female gynae but if you live in Eu obgynae are men,It was uncomfortable at first but then I learned to accept it.😊

Thành viên VIP

female gynae for me. I feel more comfortable and at ease even though i been checked by male gynae before during my emergency visits

Super Mom

More comfortable with female but I chose male gynae.... I heard that male doctors are more gentle and more patient than female doctors.