Night feed

What will happen if we didnt feed a newborn over night and put him in another room to avoid his cries?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

To answer your question directly, he will become malnourished, dehydrated, may overheat and become very ill. He might also be quite emotionally affected. But now to address the other big issue: you. You’re tired. You’re frustrated. You’re probably not getting help from anyone. I believe you’re posting this question here out of desperation. I feel you. My LO is 3 months old and I’m still so tired. She refuses bottle, so it’s still all me.. and she wakes up so many times at night for feeding + comfort. But it’s not baby’s fault. Our LOs have no other option other than to cry. They can’t feed themselves. They can’t talk. They can’t control their hunger or their fear or loneliness. When I look at my older child, I’m reminded that one day my role will change. I’ll no longer be the cow feeding my baby all the time. I’ll be able to sleep through the night again. Now my older one sometimes says for fun that she doesn’t want me. She’s happy playing on her own. Yes, that independence that we long for our babies to have.. that will come one day. And we may miss a little of what we’re experiencing now. I cried the last time I breastfed my first child, because it was the last time we would get to bond that way. So emotionally, I want to tell you to hang in there. Cry all you need, but remember that you mean the world to your baby and he needs you so much now. Physically, I would encourage you to get help. Whether husband/family members/helper/infant care, get someone to help you out for a couple of hours a day, so you can recharge and rest. Then when you approach your baby again, I hope you can do so with joy. Just said a little prayer for you. Please take care! I’m on maternity leave now so let me know if you need me to come over one day to relieve you for a while:)

Read more
4y trước

Your reply is heart warming! ❤️

Dear mummy. Newborns need to be fed at least every hr. Some every 2hrs. Pls, you need to keep monitoring them. If they cry, it means they need you. Need your help cz they cn't do that themselves. Pls, at this stage we need to sacrifice alotof things for our lil ones. All the time. We take good care of them now, they'll take good care of us nxt time when we are crippled or unable to feed or walk by ourselves. It's the same cycle dear mummy. Imagine yourself as the baby. Do you wanna be left alone in d other room and be ignored when you're hungry and in pain? You would do that all by yourself if you cn right? But you can't. You need help. So pls dear mummy, help your baby. ❤️ I understand you are tired. I was too. The first few mths was really tiring and i cried but all worthit. Trust me. My baby is 1 yr plus now and she makes me smile and laugh mostof the time. I am very sure we will be best friends when she's bigger. Hugs.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Hey mummy, new born needs alot of tender, loving , and care. Your little one is also trying to adapt to his/her surroundings which is our world. Usually newborn hungry cues is estimated 2-3 hours depends whether is formula or breast milk. Newborn sleeps alot, if they cry, there must be a reason. It's either they are hungry, wet diaper, dirty diaper, cold, colic or unwell and maybe they just want to smell mummy and get cuddle. Always remb you must be calm and cool when soothing a crying baby cause baby can feel your anxiety. You already did an awesome and amazing job carrying your baby in your tummy for the whole 9 months, now it's time you enjoy watching your little one every single moment. If you are under alot of stress, please do not be afraid to reach out for a helping hand or voice out.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Please do not ignore your newborn. Your newborn is new to the world and requires comfort. Your newborn will cry through the night due to hunger. A newborn’s stomach is very small and cannot drink a lot of milk at a go. This explains why a newborn will wake up every 2-3 hours to drink milk. It also depends if the baby is drinking breast milk or formula milk. Breast milk is easier to digest and the baby will wake up more often unlike formula milk.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

I understand that new mums do really get tired and overwhelmed when the baby is born. We’ve been there too, but please, your baby is crying for a reason. Please do not ignore him...feed him.

Get someone to take over taking care if u are too stressed. Its a gift to u, treasure yr bb. Hugs.

Hello newborn needs to be feed every 2 to 3 hourly through the night. Sleep training is too young.

Makes sense to get someone to look after him while you have a rest.

I think you are under postnatal depression. Pls get help.

What a stupid question.