Ask The Expert: Having Trouble Losing Weight After The Baby?

Feel free to drop your questions in the comments below, whether in English or Bahasa Malaysia. Let's embark on this journey together! Hey there, TAP app users! Congratulations, mama! Welcoming your little one into the world is an incredible journey, but we understand that shedding postpartum weight can be challenging. We believe in supporting moms like you to regain confidence and energy while prioritizing your well-being. If you're struggling with post-baby weight loss, don't fret! Join us for our Ask The Expert session with Alvin Netto, where he'll be sharing insights and answering all your burning questions on "Having Trouble Losing Weight After The Baby?" 📅 Date: 25 April 2024 (Thursday) ⏰ Time: 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Alvin Netto, a trailblazer in the Malaysian fitness scene, boasts nearly a decade of training experience and the prestigious title of Personal Trainer Of The Year. Specializing in corrective exercise, Alvin focuses on reducing pain, improving posture, and guiding mothers back to their fitness peak postpartum. *NOTE: Only questions related to the topic will be addressed during the session. Any inquiries outside of the discussion topic or submitted after the specified date will not be answered.

Ask The Expert: Having Trouble Losing Weight After The Baby?
27 Các câu trả lời
 profile icon
Viết phản hồi

Good afternoon, I am online for this hour to answer your questions. If you provide more details to your questions, I can address them specifically. If you like to know more, please comment again and I will provide further explanation and suggestions. Thank you all for your questions.

Hi Alvin. Saya selepas melahirkan ada alami sedikit tekanan. Macam stress handle newborn. Even after berpantang masih rasa stress everyday. Does stress and perubahan hormon boleh affect proses saya untuk turun berat badan? If ya, boleh bagi tips yang saya patut cuba?

1t trước

Hi Cik Yaya, I totally understand you as I trained many mothers similar to your situation. High level of stress will hinder your fitness goals. Hence it extremely important to do thing to minimize your stress level. One great way that will reduce stress and make you feel better is exercise. My suggestion is to get moving. 10 minutes brisk walk or go for a group classes or gym nearby to you, follow Youtube on low impact full body workout. All these will get your body moving, sweat it out and you will ALWAYS feel better after a workout. Try it!

Hi Alvin! 1) Have you encountered any surprising or unconventional methods that have proven effective for post-pregnancy weight loss in your practice? 2) Are there any dietary supplements or herbal remedies that you've found to support healthy weight loss?

Đọc thêm
1t trước

Hi Zennie! 1) The best protocol is a combination of strength, cardio and flexibility in your training. The secret ingredient is consistency in your training. 2) The BIGGEST picture of a proper nutrition is your daily diet. Ensure that you are feeding your body with wide range of carbs, protein and healthy fat. Supplements are only meant to supplement what is lacking in your diet. That is only if you are unable to eat certain food or have nutritional deficiency.

THANK YOU everyone for your questions. I hope my answers gave you a clear understanding of training and nutrition. if you like to know more, please reach out to me on my social media- Alvin Netto.

I have been breastfeeding my baby for more than 6 months, I haven't been able to lose weight and am 3kg heavier before I got pregnant. Do you think I have any condition that is inhibiting my weight loss?

1t trước

The first step is to look at your current diet and training and work from there. Are you consistently doing the bare minimum of fitness? For example, according to physical activity guidelines, we need to engage in at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity cardiorespiratory exercise, 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity, or a combination of moderate- and vigorous-intensity exercise per week. On nutrition, are you eating the right amount and fueling yourself with the right nutrients? Alvin top 1 nutritional guideline is the 80/20 rule. Eat 80% single-ingredient food and 20% multiple-ingredient food. Please start here and gradually monitor your progress again.

I am expecting my baby in 1 month, I'm worried that I can't go back to my pre-pregnancy weight or body shape. Any types of food should I avoid or should I take more to lose the baby weight?

1t trước

When it comes to nutrition, focus on the basics of eating a wide range of whole foods that will fuel your body with all the right nutrients. Please remember to exercise! Your training should include some form of strength, cardio and flexibility. Consistently mastering these easy nutrition and training steps will give a GREAT and HEALTHY body.

My baby is almost 2 years old. But I am still 4kg heavier than before I got pregnant. I go swimming an hour every week, but it doesnt help in weight loss. Any fast way to lose the weight?

1t trước

Good job on getting in your weekly swim. Swimming is a form of cardio exercise. You may now start to include some strength training into your weekly routine. Strength training is going to build lean muscle, burn fat, improve posture and lead you to become stronger. Do note that weight consists of fat, muscle and water. You would want to focus on losing fat instead of weight.

Hi Alvin.. after giving birth, my body is always tired.. sometimes I'm too lazy to do any work.. I also experience stress until my weight decreases.. from 48kg down to 42kg

People tell me our body can't go back 100% to pre-pregnancy because of various hormonal changes and routines. Is it true? What should I realistically expect?

1t trước

Everyone is different. You have your own unique and interesting journey. Always speak to your doctor about how you feel and refer to your blood work to understand your current situation. You CAN go back to 100% if not MORE than before with correct understanding of training and nutrition. There are always way to progress in training and nutrition. If you can match your training, nutrition and lifestyle together, you will experience amazing transformation in your health and fitness.

My baby is 4 months, are there any supplements or vitamins that can help with postpartum weight loss that are safe for me to take while breastfeeding?

1t trước

My suggestion is to speak to speak to your doctor or consult a nutritionist. They would know your nutritional deficiency and advice accordingly. I won't recommend anything without knowing you enough.