Ask The Expert: Having Trouble Losing Weight After The Baby?

Feel free to drop your questions in the comments below, whether in English or Bahasa Malaysia. Let's embark on this journey together! Hey there, TAP app users! Congratulations, mama! Welcoming your little one into the world is an incredible journey, but we understand that shedding postpartum weight can be challenging. We believe in supporting moms like you to regain confidence and energy while prioritizing your well-being. If you're struggling with post-baby weight loss, don't fret! Join us for our Ask The Expert session with Alvin Netto, where he'll be sharing insights and answering all your burning questions on "Having Trouble Losing Weight After The Baby?" 📅 Date: 25 April 2024 (Thursday) ⏰ Time: 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Alvin Netto, a trailblazer in the Malaysian fitness scene, boasts nearly a decade of training experience and the prestigious title of Personal Trainer Of The Year. Specializing in corrective exercise, Alvin focuses on reducing pain, improving posture, and guiding mothers back to their fitness peak postpartum. *NOTE: Only questions related to the topic will be addressed during the session. Any inquiries outside of the discussion topic or submitted after the specified date will not be answered.

Ask The Expert: Having Trouble Losing Weight After The Baby?
27 Các câu trả lời
 profile icon
Viết phản hồi

I'm just so tired caring for my baby after giving birth since he is my first. Feels like no time to exercise, any tips on how to lose the baby weight?

3t trước

Make exercise a priority in your daily routine. Start with 15-30 minutes to get moving. Hiring a trainer to your house will save you time and energy on thinking what to do. Once you start to exercise, you will have more energy. The first step to start is the hardest, you got to beat it and make it happen. Once you start moving, you will begin to lose the baby weight and looking the BEST of yourself ;-)

Aside from exercising, what is your advice to mommies in terms of nutrition? Should we reduce carbohydrates and increase protein intake?

3t trước

The first step is to speak to your doctor and consult a nutritionist. They would know your nutritional deficiency and advice accordingly. Alvin top 1 nutritional guideline is the 80/20 rule. Eat 80% single-ingredient food and 20% multiple ingredients food. Single-ingredient foods like fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains provide essential vitamins and minerals. Multiple ingredients are processed food like milk, bread, chocolate, cake, ice cream etc. Eat those at a minimum. It's all about balance and making sure you're nourishing your body with the right mix of nutrients.

I'm on a weight loss journey, How can I say if I'm losing weight in a correct phase and in a healthy way? What are some red flags?

3t trước

Weight consists of water, fat and muscles. What you want is FAT LOSS. A clear indicator of fat loss is seeing if you fit into your old cloth, your energy lvl and mood would improve, people around you start to notice changes in your physique and perhaps you are getting stronger in the gym/workout. Do know that weight got nothing to do with fat loss. You may be losing fat and building muscle - which is the ultimate goal!

What kind of food is recommended for mommies who wants to lose weight while providing enough nutrition for breastfeeding?

3t trước

The BIGGEST picture of proper nutrition is your daily diet. Ensure that you are feeding your body with a wide range of carbs, protein and healthy fat. Eat 80% single-ingredient food and 20% multiple ingredients food. Single-ingredient foods like fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains provide essential vitamins and minerals. Multiple ingredients are processed food like milk, bread, chocolate, cake, ice cream etc. Eat those at a minimum. It's all about balance and making sure you're nourishing your body with the right mix of nutrients.

Influencer của TAP

Hi Alvin, Appreciate you to suggest any exercise for mommies to lose the weight effectively without stressing them. TQ

3t trước

Hi Nola, a well-balanced training routine consisting of strength, cardio and flexibility is key to your overall health and fitness. For strength, compound exercises like squat, push up, lunge, bridge, back row and plank are fundamental movements that will make you stronger, improve posture and keep you fit. Be sure to workout according to your fitness level. Learning proper technique is very important as it ensures you working the correct muscles and preventing injury.

When doing a diet, what nutrients should I focus more on, so my baby I snot deprived of any? I'm still breatfeeding

3t trước

The diet that everyone should be on is consuming a wide range of food that provides you all the vitamins, minerals and nutrients. If you have any nutritional deficiency then need to speak to your doctor about eating more of certain foods to increase those nutrients and/or opt for supplements.

Can I do intermittent fasting after giving birth? I was practicing intermittent fasting before I got pregnant

3t trước

Yes you can provided you know how to eat all the right nutrients to fuel your body within your window of mealtime. I would suggest to speak to a nutritionist to understand the best strategy to use IF as part of a healthy lifestyle.

Hi Alvin, how soon can I start exercising after giving birth? What kind of exercises would you recommend?

3t trước

HI Siew Hui Tan, after your doctor gave clearance to exercise you are free to start your training. Start with a lower intensity movement such as mobility exercise and walking. As you get more mobile, gradually progress to some bodyweight and strength training. It's always great to work with a PT to guide you so you can understand progression and regression.

How do I balance taking care of my baby, myself, and trying to lose weight without feeling overwhelmed?

3t trước

Set small goals and strive to achieve them. For example, set 15 15-minute workout to be done the first time in the morning upon waking up. Once you successfully do it consistently then gradually increase it. Small action leads to big success.

I am currently breastfeeding my baby, how can I ensure I'm losing weight healthily while breastfeeding?

3t trước

Ensure your nutrition matches with your training and lifestyle. Eat a well balanced diet that filled with single ingredient food to fuel your body for breastfeeding and active lifestyle. Engage in strength training to build muscle and burn fat while keeping you fit.