Ask the Expert Series: Why is it Important to Count Kicks During Pregnancy?

Hello everyone! 👋 I am Dr Peter Wang, MBBS, Anchor Doctor at Speedoc. 👨🏻‍⚕️ As a healthcare professional and a parent, I understand that the health and well-being of your little one is of utmost importance. Hence, I am hosting this session to discuss key topics such as the vital role in monitoring your baby’s health and care tips that aim to support your physical and mental well-being as you embrace parenthood. 🌺💖 Kindly leave your questions in the comments section below. I will do my best to respond to every question! 💡🗣️ Topic: Why is it Important to Count Kicks During Pregnancy? 🤰 Date: Wednesday, 16 August 2023 Time: 8.00 pm to 9.00 pm

Ask the Expert Series: Why is it Important to Count Kicks During Pregnancy?
20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Is there connection between fetal movement and the baby's sleep-wake cycles during pregnancy?

9mo trước

Excellent question! Fetal sleep is a common and benign cause of decreased fetal movement. It’s normal for fetuses to have periods of rest, sleep and activity. Sleep cycles may last up to 40 minutes so if you feel decreased movements in the first hour, do extend the period of rest and focused counting by another hour.