can my baby catch a cough from me?

I'm having cough and am co-sleeping with my baby. Is there a possibility i might pass my cough to my baby if am too close to her? I'm the only one taking care of her as husband is working long hrs.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Yes it is possible. Wear a mask and wash your hands before touching baby:) breastfeeding is an excellent way of protecting her too, because you’re passing on your antibodies from this illness to her. But.. mask + wash hands. Also, in this climate, go see a doctor to ensure this isn’t COVID-19. Don’t go out to other places too. Hope you get well soon:)

Read more
4y trước

My baby is on formula as i cant produce milk. 😭 i do practice good hygiene. Just afraid will pass to her.

Thành viên VIP

Yes. Coughing spread germs and you can't wear mask while sleeping. If possible move baby to her own crib for now. You'll almost certainly pass it to her if you are co-sleeping.

Previously, I had a flu but still breastfeeding him. But he did not get the flu.. Yeah, wear a mask and wash your hands before touching your baby..

Yes. Baby immune system not strong. My baby caught my flu while he is just 2 months old. Wear mask see doc. Bf is fine. It won't pass thru by bf.

4y trước

My baby is only 2.5months. I know flu can pass but not aware cough can too. I will wear a mask and see doc. Thank you

Super Mom

Cough can be resolved if u cut down on cold drinks and u may want to try tradition Chinese medicine too

4y trước

Yeaa i will probably cut down on cold drinks as i love to drink cold drink and lately i have been having many cold drinks. Think thats why result to cough

Thành viên VIP

just wearing mask, if I'm coughing or having cold, I usually wear mask, even when sleeping

Hey, Yes very high chances. But do wear masks and take proper precautions to avoid

Thành viên VIP

Yes I'm afraid it's possible . Do wear a ask and see a doctor asap take care!

Influencer của TAP

yes, when i m sick, my children will get it too & vice versa.

Thành viên VIP

Yes. But hard to avoid if ur the only caregiver.