Where should pregnant mummies get their nutrients from?

I'm curious! Any thoughts?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

A balanced meal is the to-go for nutrients during pregnancy. Go for more greens, get more protein, less unhealthy and try to avoid processed food. You’ll also have cravings, and it’s okay to give in to unhealthy cravings occasionally. Generally a normal diet is fine! Your gynae would like prescribe or recommend you to take multi vitamins for pregnancy when you are near 2nd trim and that would supplement your current diet too. Try not to have sweet drinks too often as hormonal changes during pregnancy puts us at higher risk of gestational diabetes and GD has it’s risk for you and the baby.

Read more

Food that are of a well balanced nutrients like meat, poultry, fish, cereal, grains, bread, etc. However, you need to ensure that you dont take in too much sugar or salt. This is to avoid unnecessary high BP or diabetes during your follow up. Having said that, during your first tri, you will be prescribe with folic acid to take in till about 12 weeks. Subsequently, 13 weeks onwards you can take obumin and fish oil too. You may consume materna milk for you and your baby. Hope this clarify.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Hi mummy, I simply just eat anything that I love but of course all in moderation. I’m one who can’t take any formulated milk but there’s one particular one that I can keep down; It’s the Similac Mum Maternal Milk. It have the nutritions that I need and it taste not bad (my own preference) as I’m also quite picky with my food intake. Anw, congrats on your pregnancy mummy! ❤️

Read more
Thành viên VIP

I will try to have a balanced diet and eat all foods in moderation. However sometimes you might not be able to get all the required nutrition from the foods you eat. Hence, I'll drink 2 glasses of Similac Mum maternal milk daily just to ensure that I get all the necessary nutrients like calcium, folate, etc. This video might be helpful to you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tm6bo87DbU

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Just Eat anything you want, but limit your intake of sugary and fatty meals. Everything is restricted. I do the same during my pregnancy, and I also drink Similac mothers milk, which not only tastes nice but also provides me with all of the nourishment that I and my kid require. Because I am too selective about food, it is the only item that is a full formula for my needs.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

I used to take similac moms formula for my entire pregnancy, it balances my nutrient ion levels as wel if any lack. Do check this video mommy for all ur concerns https://youtu.be/1tm6bo87DbU

Read more
Influencer của TAP

When i was pregnant, I took mine from similac mum! You can try! I got no time to cook and with big belly, tiring to get all those nutrients. 😅

pre natal supplements from the doctors are good enough.. but anything extra are good too

food and prenatal supplements

Definitely all rounded diet