appetite

Hi, I am 29 weeks and 3 days pregnant around there . In the 3rd trimester . I just went for my check up few days back to check my baby growth . The result was my baby growth is alittle bit below the normal range but still within the normal range . I dun have big appetites but I'm still eating . How to improve appetite? Doctor say eat more nutritious food but I dun seem to like to eat Chinese food . We like to eat western food which is definitely not nutritious . ?

29 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Western food doesn’t at all mean unhealthy. In fact, many of our Asian recipes can be considered u healthy :) Google for nutritional western recipes. high proteins - eggs, certain meats, or even grains like Quinoa, are said to help. But key is to have a good mix of veggies and fruits in your diet. And of course, milk helps too. But beyond food, your state of mind will really affect the growth of your baby - so try to stay as happy as you can and as motivated to stay well for your child. That’s most important.

Read more
Super Mom

My baby’s weight was also on the lower end, but she came out average weight. My doctor at my last few check ups didnt want my baby to be more than 3kgs.. Hahaha. I drank lots of avocado milk shake, and love having grilled chicken chop in my 3rd trimester. I was craving for it every few days.. :D Don’t worry mummy! Babies do grow very fast... Impt healthy. & baby not too big also easier for natural delivery.. 💪🏽

Read more
5y trước

Oh! Ty!

Thành viên VIP

mine also on the lower side, but I tried eat hard boiled egg (especially the egg yolk part), eat avocado, salmon, lean meat, and veggies of course, basically more protein food, and drink pregnancy milk, so far her weight is always 2 weeks behind, meaning she's growing well (even at the lower side)

5y trước

I also love fish . Specially sashimi hahahah but sadly cant eat that . Cod my favourite! But it's so expensive ! Cod can eat alot alot np .

Influencer của TAP

I was trying to gain some weight for baby. Was advised to eat more avocado or peanut butter. It helps! Bb gained at least 300g in less than 2 weeks.

Super Mom

My baby was also on the smaller side when I was pregnant. I kept drinking maternal milk and avocado milkshake. My baby's weight was normal when I gave birth to her.

5y trước

Thx for the advice !

Thành viên VIP

Quality over quantity. 😊 You wouldn’t want your baby to also “over grow” like what happened to me - until my baby grew too big for my petite size.

It’s hard when you have nausea and no appetite but you have to tell yourself it’s for baby. Small bites throughout the day helped me.

Eat sweet potato, fried, steam, grill, all styles cooking are good to gain baby weight. Sweet potato helps baby put up weight quick.

5y trước

Got someone told me durian good for baby 😮 but it did help me to poop easier cause of its fibre . But ya abit too heaty . But nv eat alot ba . But one thing I happy about eating durian is it help me to poop easier .

Thành viên VIP

Western food can be nutritious too if you cook it at home! (: Cook more soups, Chinese or western is fine. Maternal milk works too!

5y trước

The problem of frying at home 🤣 I dun seem to enjoy rice ☹

Super Mom

Drink milk and eat avocado. Eat fish and steak (well cook) ones with fresh mesh potato or steam sweet potato