2nd tri but not much appetite still 😩

Hello! I’m at week 16 now but still don’t really have appetite to eat all the nutritious food that are good for the baby. Things like fish and eggs are nono to me since 1st tri… Is this normal? ☹️ I feel bad for my baby. #pleasehelp #firstbaby #pregnancy

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s normal. However, did you try having it cooked in different ways. I didn’t like fish in my first trim. My mum and husband would cook in different ways and hoping I’d eat one of them. Interestingly, I realised that when it’s fried and cover in dark sauce and onions, i like it. My mum also bought yellow tail fish, took out the fish meat, mixed with minced pork and made into fresh fishcake, and i ate it too. But steam fish is a big no. Grilled fish, hmm it depends, sometimes I’m okay sometimes i’m not. But just keep trying. I think generally when there’s a lot of sauce, i dont feel so resistant towards it. I still dont eat much fish, but it’s okay too. Just try to have a bit. 😊 Otherwise you can substitute with other proteins. Missing out on fish wont make your baby any less healthier either! So dont worry too much about it.

Read more

It’s normal esp if u are still experiencing morning sickness. I am not even particularly hungrier in my third trimester but there are days I am hungrier than others. Just eat what you feel like so long as u get in a balanced diet.

Don’t need to specifically eat all the healthy foods. Just eat what you feel like. I only ate like 3-4 times of fish (I hate fish) thru out my entire pregnancy. Don’t stress, eat happy. Happy mummy = happy baby. 🥰

if you can’t eat fish etc, try and see if you can take dha supplements? fresh food is still the best but at least supplements can support