Dealing with in law!

How to you all deal with in law whom likes to interfere much? When I have arrange photoshoot for my LO during his 1 year old. But I get such negative comment from my mil saying I waste money and it is not necessary. I told her it is just memories for my LO as I regretted not taking it during new born time. Yet she kept saying not necessary, I already gave up replying to her. I have even speak to my husband to tell her not to interfere what am I doing. Yet again, everything I does she likes to interfere and comment unnecessary things! I cannot stand staying with her

31 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Stick to these rules when stay with in laws. 🙈🙉🙊. Cannot see, cannot hear, don't comment. The more you comment, the more miserable you will be especially if your in law wants to say in everything.

Thành viên VIP

Just play deaf and proceed to arrange your photoshoot. Initially i didnt wanna do for my newborn but after she came out, i still did. No regrets. Its so precious. Do what u like, it's your child! 😊

if you're not respected by your in law, you don't have to respect him/her back. voice out your anger and stay firm with your decisions.

Share less with her. Like photoshoot there is no need totell her. Just say u guys are heading out. One ear in one ear out. Just find other ways to rant out.

Thành viên VIP

She's just being naggy perhaps. Just tell her you like it. Its your photos. Unless she's in the photo, otherwise she doesn't have any rights to comment

Thành viên VIP

I feel you. Well, it’s your child and your own money. Just do what you want to do. Leave no regrets and don’t do things you will regret too.

Super Mom

Hi 5. Mine also. I cant be bother with her. She can say whatever she likes. I will not answer back. Leave everything to my husband, her son!

Just listen. One ear in and one ear out. U can never win them. Don't need to rebutt also. The more u say the more they will be unhappy.

Thành viên VIP

Since you're staying with your mil there's nothing much you can do about it😓 Just ignore since you've already explained to her.

Just be curt and say it’s ok, it’s for you guys and not asking her to go for the shoot. She’ll get the hint sooner or later

4y trước

Also I will purposely do everything she says not to do. Just to prove a point that I decide, and that her views are irrelevant