Upset with hubby

FTM here and was upset when hubby prioritise work over bb due date where it clashes with the month of his project contract start date at work. As a result he might not be available for me and during the period/month that bb is born. Worried to be alone in the hospital and also taking care of bb myself with CL. I think worse is he prioritise work over bb as I tried to ask him to delay the start of the project with his boss but he kept standing at his boss viewpoint. Maybe its preg hormones but just feel sad that it seems he feels work > bb. 😥 how does similar mum cope with this.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This sounds like a major project and his bonus probably hinges on this. With a baby, increased expenditures and an ongoing pandemic, he will be worried about doing better at his career and not chalking up any black marks with his boss. If it were me I will try to be understanding and trust that his heart is in the right place and this simply is for the best. I feel that as we're partners in the marriage, we should support one another's careers and goals if we can; if it's possible for me to take care of myself, I do not want my husband to have to drop his work responsibilities and goals for me. I'm sure his heart is hurting too that he might have to miss out on the early days with the baby. Has he arranged for emergency contacts and help for you, and can he start later/leave earlier from work as long as it doesn't impact the project schedule?

Read more
3y trước

thanks raven. ure right too. just thinking taking care of bb is a 2 persons job instead of one. mayb I should look past it.

Sending hugs ❤️ My hubby prioritise work too, but in this environment where so many people are losing their jobs and with a newborn on the way, I’ve learnt to let go and allow him to prioritise his work first. The money/promotion would be helpful for the family, esp covering the CL cost 😂 So I just suck it up. when the situation gets better or if I start working and can relieve his burden, I expect him to prioritise family more.

Read more
3y trước

agree.. letting go is the way now.

Hi mummy, I feel you as I went through almost the same during my pregnancy and even after giving birth. The nurses are helpful and everything will b fine during your hospital stay. It is good that you have CL to help you. I join yoga class during pregnancy and just talk to my mum to calm myself and its no use talking to my husband as too tired to quarrel. Cheer up and you can do it yourself and baby needs you most. Hugss

Read more

FTM recently and used to think hubby prioritise work over bb. but after give birth actually first month the bb is enough to keep u and cl busy. First month hubby not really much use, just focus in getting well and learning how to take care of the bb will keep you occupied. maybe ask your hubby to take a week paternity leave when cl is gone is more important.

Read more
3y trước

i am a hubby. I do not agree that hubby is not really of much use.. I do not have CL so the 1st 2 weeks of confinement I got very hand on together with my mum in law I taking care of baby.. it's more on whether the hubby want to be hand on or not..

Thành viên VIP

This isn't about pregnancy hormones but all pregnant wife will feel upset including myself. My husband used to prioritise his work when I was pregnant with my first child so I truly understand you. Maybe, you can try to talk to him again. Cheer up :)

3y trước

thank you. really not easy when we need to depend on hubby

I guess its not very nice to change start date. At least u hv a cl! Dun worry so much.