Husband came home drunk

Was very happy during this CB period that he had alot time to spend with me while i am pregnant. Currently going to 37 wks.. once the CB is over, he then went out for drinks with his guy friends. But the problem is he came home drunk n cant even walk properly or to shower first before he pass out. He is not under any stress, financial problem or unhappiness. Its just he cant change n leave his guy friends and be more sensible abit. Feel like just leave him and divorce him, go back to my family and i am stress free of this matter. Cant imagine when bb is born alr and he is still like this..

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My hub also tend to have chill session with neighbours when I'm preg. Sometimes till 11 plus or 12 midnight which pissed me off. Quarrel many times and I used trading with him to let him think which is more impt. Eg I dont like to meet his parents or sister family, so I ask him choose. If he wants to chill then no meet up with his family members.. Not sure is it he felt he will lose his freedom once bb comes out.. but I gave time frame if he really go out drink.

Read more
4y trước

I argued said I also need my me time and chill. Y am I the only one to sacrifice from preg to mths of breastfeeding. No day and night .. so he did mellow down a bit . If not I just show black face loh even to his family.. I just dont care ...

Thành viên VIP

maybe he just needed some personal space. Yes it was irresponsible of him to come home drunk, but then he already spent quality time with you during CB period. So i would say give him some slack. If this is recurring, perhaps discuss with him that he is ok to have personal space, but drink responsibly and not come home drunk. When bb comes out, I’m sure he prob wouldn have the energy to go out, get drunk and look after baby. :)

Read more

Hang in there! Hopefully after ur child is born he will wake up!

4y trước

hope so.. thanks for your encouragement. We shall see in the coming months.. 😓

Thành viên VIP

Did u have a talk with him about your insecurities?

4y trước

Yeah we talked already and as usual he will promise me and say wont do it anymore, but then once someone called him out for a drink, he cant refused and frame it like the friends want him to come instead.. but he himself is more than willing to drink till drunk. The only Answer i got the next morning is “sorry i wont do it anymore i promise”... maybe i should give a time frame, if he does not change till bb is born, i really feel like going back to my family and raise the bb on my own