Ask the Expert Series: Bleeding in Early Pregnancy - When Should You Worry?

Hello everyone! 👋 As a healthcare professional, I understand that the health and well-being of your newborn is of utmost importance. Hence, I am hosting this session to address your concerns and queries regarding bleeding in early pregnancy. I am Dr Smily Lock, MBBS, MMed (FM), Head of Healthcare Solutions (Chronic and Long-Term Care) at Speedoc.👩‍💼 During this session, I will be sharing insights on bleeding in early pregnancy, whether it is normal and when spotting and bleeding could be a cause of concern.🚨 I will be delighted to share my opinion on how you can best manage your pregnancy. Kindly leave your questions in the comments section below. We will do our best to respond to every question! 💡🗣️ Topic: Bleeding in Early Pregnancy - When Should You Worry? Date: Wednesday, 17th May 2023 Time: 8.00 - 9.00 pm

Ask the Expert Series: Bleeding in Early Pregnancy - When Should You Worry?
17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

What are the potential risks and complications associated with bleeding during pregnancy for both the mother and the baby?

12mo trước

Dear user, thank you for your question! Risks of antepartum hemorrhage (bleeding in pregnancy) to the baby include low oxygen for baby, preterm birth, and fetal death. There is also complications to the mother, including bleeding and serious blood clot formations due to imbalance of clotting factors.