How to Balance Parenthood with Other Parts of Your Life

Hello everyone! Excited to “see” you! I am Kristy Yong (BS (PSYCH), M.Coun, Internationally Licensed Counsellor with Australian Counselling Association) Director of Oasis Counselling Services Together with the team at TheAsianParent, we would love to address your concerns about all your balancing parenting and work stress. Leave your questions in the comment section below, and we will do our best to respond to them! Topic: How to Balance Parenthood with Other Parts of Your Life Date: Wednesday, 26th April 2023 Time: 8-9pm

How to Balance Parenthood with Other Parts of Your Life
11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Community user question: https://community.theasianparent.com/q/mummies-move-role-better-development-in-terms-covering-wider-scope-jo/4620707 Would you move to a role for better development in terms of covering a wider scope of job nature with a slight pay cut, slighter lesser leaves by 3 days, however the company have more flexibility and encouraged work life balance. Or would you stay in a job just because you are comfortable, however working 30min more, but job is not fulfilling and mundane. And work life balance is not definite as its numbers driven? Please advise. Thank you.

Read more
12mo trước

Hi Nadeesha, that is such a dilemma to be in and it’s so difficult for us to make a good decision because both considerations are time and money which is an important commodity in our lives. In such scenario, as a therapist I would ask my client to identify with her values because when she makes a values-based decision even though it may seem that she is rejecting an equally important commodity but because its based on her decision it will still serve her because its closer to her values that she holds on. Our values differ between individually, but values-based decision helped us to make a decision that is closer to what means important to us. Hope this helps!