Premature baby (36 weeks delivery)

Are babies born at 36 weeks going to be fine? I will most probably deliver my boy at 36 weeks and am scared of NICU complications etc... he is only 2.4kg now

284 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi kapapanganak ko lang via CS.. 36 weeks din si baby EDD ko po Nov 18 pa ...maliit po si baby girl ko... and weight nya po 2.2kg,... nagka rupture membraine po ako... nauna pumutok panubigan ko..without any signs po ng labor akala ko simpleng naiihi lang ako at nag pre eclampsia rin po ako.. healthy naman po si baby walang naging problema di po siya na NICU... naun bumabawi na po siya lakas niya magdede.. breastfeed advice po ng pedia para kay baby... and lagi po siya natutulog...😊😊😊

Read more
Post reply image
9mo trước

hehe 3 years ago pa po etong post nya ma.☺

Super Mom

Hey mama, what a Gynae estimates through an ultrasound is a guesstimate of how baby is growing. No one can really know how heavy or big baby is from a scan. While 36 weeks is considered premature, there have been many a success story of babies being born at 36 weeks and being perfectly fine with healthy weights. The important thing that you need to do now is to trust your body on that it knows exactly what to do and to trust your instincts too. Worrying will not help so try to distract yourself. You’ve come this far and does so well, now leave the rest to Mother Nature :)

Read more

Ask ko lang po. may possibility na mag preterm labor ako, due date ko is september 25 pa. nung august 11 ako last nag pa check up and ultrasound, I was advised by my ob na mag bed rest and tinurokan na ako ng 4 shots ng dexa. The other day napansin ko na parang nagcacramps ako sa may puson pero nawawala lang rin then may lumabas na brown discharge sakin di naman madami pero kita talaga siya kasi nag napkin ako and di ko alam if nag cocontract yung tummy ko kasi nafifeel ko na tumitigas tummy ko tapos nawawala din. kapag gumagalaw si baby sumasakit yung puson ko pati sa may anus parang ang baba na ni baby.

Read more

I delivered at 33 weeks. Don’t worry, 36 weeks is considered late preterm. As long as 34 weeks, they r usually comfortable to deliver the baby. But they will also look at the weight of the baby and do some scans to make sure they are confident. Anyway, mine was abit more problematic because it was earlier than 34 weeks, so I had to take steroid jabs to mature the baby’s lungs quickly before they could deliver him. my baby stayed in nicu for 9 days where he received superb care. No issues. He’s 5mo now and healthy. But all in all, nothing scary and no complications.

Read more

Delivered my 2nd baby at 36 weeks.. 35 weeks pa lang open cervix na ko need some injection and meds para medyo magrelax si cervix. 1week bedrest and meds, exactly 1 week hindi na siya pinigilan ng ob ko pagpunta ng clinic 8cm na diretso na delivery room medyo matagal nga lang siya bumaba effect siguro nung gamot na ininom ko kaya kusa ng pinutok yung panubigan inabot ng 3hrs.. Thank God 2.9 kls siya paglabas hindi na kinailangan maincubator. 5 yrs. Old na siya this september 😊 and waiting na lang din ako for my 3rd baby na lumabas sana mabilis lang din ❤️

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Yes. They will be fine , i had my lil boy on 29th May 2020 , 32 weeks and he is 2.16kg . But he had to stay at NICU to supervise his lungs and he stayed until he is 35 weeks which is a good weeks to discharge :) alhamdulillah. Dont be scared if your lil one has to stay in NICU because they are safe there instead of being out. Lebih dijaga dengan baik 😊 stay safe and strong mommy amd baby

Read more
4y trước

We pray for the your fast recovery sis and let the guardian angel watch your baby everyday.

hello mga mamshies, i delivered my baby girl last april 3, she's only 36 weeks and 1 day..as of now i am doing my observation on her..and we'll wait for the new born screening result..pero sa nakikita ko..my baby is doing good, she's strong at 7day old kaya niya mabuhat ang ulo niya kapag nakadapa siya sa dibdib ko..malakas din siya dumede..salamat kay lord di niya kami pinabayaan,😊😊

Read more

As in most cases, it depends on a variety of factors. But for the most part, babies born at 36 weeks do just fine. My child was born at 33 weeks at about 1.8kgs and spent a couple of weeks being monitored in NICU. She's consistently been above the 95th percentile for height and weight since she was 5 months old. Delivery before 37 weeks is getting very common now all over the world. And many doctors here in SG are quite positive about 32 weeks + gestations. Wishing all you expecting mamas the very best :)

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Dont worry. 2.4kg is a good weight. Cutoff by hospital is 2kg. Usually will be able to go home like other babies. Mine was born at 1.97kg at 34+5 weeks so lungs not yet developed. She also got jaundice the following day but it's fine. Babies are stronger than you think. After 6 days of being in NICU, she gained the sufficient weight to be discharged and now is a healthy 2 yo.

Read more

36 weeks is considered "late pre-term". At 36 weeks, there are less risks of health complications for the baby. But still, considering that the pregnancy is not full-term, there are some risks of jaundice, low birth weight, respiratory distress syndrome, and difficulty in regulating temperature. If there are complications, babies may need to be admitted to a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).

Read more