Will my divorce have any emotional effects on the health of my two year old son?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You may find this article useful in understanding how to help toddlers adjust to divorce: http://extension.missouri.edu/p/GH6607 For a two-year old, your child is unable to understand the concept of divorce. However, he/she will become aware of the absence of one significant caregiver in his/her life. This may bring about feelings of anxiousness to the toddler. The main disruption from a divorce is that you or your ex-partner will no longer be readily available to your child. Hence, it is important to maintain some form of consistency to help your child adjust to the change. At this age, toddlers tend to be very dependent on routines. It will be helpful to keep to the same visitation arrangement to reduce the anxiety he/she may be experiencing. Apart from that, here are some things you can do: 1. Constantly reassure your child. It is normal that he/she will experience separation anxiety. Take every opportunity to assure your child that he/she will get to be taken care of by both parents. 2. Spend more time with your child. Show that you are available to attend to his/her needs and that despite any changes in living arrangement, he/she is loved and cared for. 3. Encourage your child to discuss their feelings. As your child grows up, you can help them understand that it is normal they experience any negative feelings about the divorce. Understand more about what a toddler can comprehend at their age will help him/her adjust to the divorce. Hope this helps!

Read more

Most certainly it will!! I am a child of divorced parents.No matter how much love is substituted by other members of the family the child will have some emotional issues. I know I do. It also depends how the divorce has taken place.Whether it happened amicably or there is a lot of fighting and bad mouthing. If you and your spouse really have problems you cannot work out then have a clean divorce not a messy one.And you and your spouse maintain a healthy relationship with your child.Do not bad mouth each other in front of them. Expalin to your son that sometimes mummys and daddys cannot live together but they still love their children and will always be there for them. It is a very tough decision and delicate situation.All the best.

Read more

WHO WE ARE? We are the best hacking group online, we specialized in all kinds of hacking services, granting access to any database no matter the security. WHAT WE DO? All forms or kinds of hacking such as UPGRADING OF SCHOOL GRADES, REPAIR/FIXING OF CREDIT SCORE,ERASE OF CRIMINAL RECORDS, SOCIAL MEDIA HACK ETC WHO WE SERVE? Anybody who is in need of any hacking job irrespective of the location. WHY CONTACT US? For efficiency, reliability, accountability and above all no risk factors.Personal attention on every case 100% CLEAN AND SAFE JOB WITHOUT TRACE. WWW.HACKERSPYVILLE.COM

Read more
Post reply image

I have a close friend who divorced with her husband when her kid was 4 years old. It does affect the child because he will ask where is his daddy. However, the mother showers the kid with a lot of loves within the tough period after divorce, plus with the full supports and loves from the grandparents, he is still a happy child. When kids get older, it is unavoidable people around them will ask where is his daddy. Do not avoid but to teach the child to accept. Reading up story books relating to divorce will help them to relate better.

Read more
Post reply image

It honestly depends on the relationship that you and your ex-spouse have in the future. If both of you are constantly bad-mouthing about the other to your child, your child will grow up confused and angry. I grew up in such family where my mum talks bad about my dad, and my dad talks bad about my mum. Needless to say, I grew up quite rebelliously (so did my younger sister). Now that they're older and mellow down, I find myself closer to them than before.

Read more

Toddlers may develop feelings of anger, emotional instability or fear when divorce occurs as they may feel deserted by the parent that left. This may cause them to be more irritable or wake up in the night more often. Reassure your baby and spend more time with him to make up for the loss and constantly be prepared to answer his questions wisely. http://www.todaysparent.com/family/relationships/kids-and-divorce-an-age-by-age-guide/

Read more

Your kid is still very young and will definitely miss the "normal" family. But kids are very adaptive and will understand everything. Rather than growing up with parents who are unhappy with each other its better to be with separated but happy parents.

Your son is still too young to understand what’s going on. Hopefully you and your ex spouse have agreed to still reasonably raise him together as he will need your love and support to better understand this situation as he grows up

Thành viên VIP

Divorce will definitely affect the emotional health of your son even though he is still young. However, it is better for a child to grow up in a happy single parent family than in a two parent family which is broken.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-1241)