why like this?

When me n husb went out for few hrs to take break, mil will take care of LO. But once we home, she will nag nag nag. But when i saw my sil (husb'sis) asked my mil to look after her LO, when my sil is back, mil didnot nag, even can smile smile updating sil of her LO' activities etc. Why different treatment sia?? Just ranting out~~~

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Same as my MIL. Initially ask her to help our during confinement maybe we can order confinement tingkat to eat together. She said ok at first. After a week she say she changed my mind. She told my husband it’s Because she don’t want to quarrel with me. But my husband’s lil bro getting married soon and she’s ok that her NEW daughter in law move in with her. My Hubs got so mad and told her off. Oh well. Everyone have their own issue I Guess. But ya. Some MIL just like that.

Read more

No choice.. our children our responsibility. The mil is not obliged to take care of your children anyway. Look on the positive end, at least you get some time out while she looked after the child for a few hours. Some mothers dont even have such luxury, they have completely no help, stuck with children as long as they are breathing.. and may not even remember when the last time they went to a cinema

Read more

Same for my side, when my sil brought her child here she will gave her full attention and ignore mine. Then I have to do everything. Moreover she will nag when my hub and I wanted to take a break like go out for dinner or smth. When we say we bring LO she will also comment don’t bring la, so troublesome when you all want to eat. Seriously, I don’t know what is up in her mind too... I feel you!!!

Read more
Thành viên VIP

We can’t really help it...and she’s her daughter after all. Perhaps next time, you can get her something when you go back home. If it doesn’t improve her attitude, then there’s nothing you can do. We can’t please everyone. Just be a dutiful wife and mother and respectful DIL. As Long as you’re happy, nothing else matters.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Maybe next u go out ask her if she feels like eating anything or buy anything.sometimes it's just the attention they need. And also sometimes they will say no need no need no need, but actually when u bought it they very happy in their heart but don't show it out. Just got to do with the pride babe.

Influencer của TAP

There's always different between daughter and DIL. I guess most of us loves our mother more than MIL too U will feel better if u can ignore and stop comparing

Hey, I would suggest just don't think about it too much and let it go. It might be because your MIL would have got little tired or might be simply nothing

Influencer của TAP

Your sil is your mil daughter, most probably she won't mind. But dil is not her birth child, so she will expect like you to take care lo yourself.

Thành viên VIP

Don't take or too personally...Maybe next time buy her favourite food or a little gift (:

Super Mom

Maybe offer to buy mil lunch or dinner or treat her with a spa retreat.