What do you do when you are so dead tired but you still have a ton of work to complete? Any advise on how to juggle work, deadlines and motherhood?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When you're at work, try as best as you can to be dead focus on work. It will be hard thinking about baby at home but if you've left your child in the care of your parents, a nanny or at daycare, assure yourself (try!) that your child is in good hands and focus on getting your daily tasks completed by the end of the day. Prioritise your work -- which is urgent and which can be pushed back for a while. Avoid bringing work home if possible. Draw a clear boundary between home and work. Once you're at home (after work, weekend, holidays), concentrate on your kids and family fully. I notice that my friends who bring work home will bring it back undone or done at a not-so-good quality -- which defeats the purpose of bringing work home in the first place. Catch up on sleep as much as you can, especially over the weekend and keep healthy with a nutritious diet :) Instead of having to choose between prioritising work and home, I think prioritising the duties of both arenas separately is a much better way to go.

Read more