When did you girls, announce your pregnancy? And how!

Was wondering when & how is the best way to breakdown the news to your loved ones? (ie baby’s grandparents, friends) Also when should I be telling my manager? At this point, only my husband knows. However, would love the support of my own parents too! Also would love to hear how different cultures differ when it comes to early announcement superstitions!

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My own parents - as soon as I found out (8weeks) cause I’m a FTM and not sure what to do next. Grandparents and other close family, we planned a family dinner and just told the rest “congratulations on promoting to xxx” 😅. Mil - She only found out around 4m even thou I was living with her but I didn’t want any nonsense so I didn’t intentionally share with my in-laws (her wire is always somewhere off). Colleagues - I only told my close colleagues and manager and they were nice to look out for me thru out my working days. Colleagues who are not so close only found out around late 7M when my tummy starts to show. Friends - Not so close, I didn’t announce nor share on my socmed. I wanted to surprise my best friend so I sent her a picture of my baby right after birth *she almost fainted at work and on the verge of slaughtering me 😂*. Anyways imo, it’s better to let your manager know early so they can look out for you. Don’t need special treatment, but maybe they can be more careful of your tummy etc. Parents and grandparents you can decide if you wanna wait till 3m or now. Some people say wait for 3m else baby will petty 😅.

Read more

I informed my parents and in-laws 1-2 weeks after testing positive on a home kit (around week 6), after my husband and I have talked through our plans! This was so that everything from diet, household chores, exercise etc could be taken into account (I live with my in-laws!) for the pregnancy. We actually placed the test kit and a newborn zip suit in a pizza box 🤣 I informed my supervisors around 3-4 months as soon as I got my NIPT results back, as that was when we were more or less going through with a healthy pregnancy and because I would require some stark changes at work. I informed most of my friends and colleagues in the 5-6 months mark, as soon as I was able to meet them in-person :) I didn't post anything on social media till I gave birth!

Read more

Week 8 - went for first gynae visit after testing positive in week 5 Week 10 - told both sides of parents after coming back from a planned trip which we went in Week 9. It was also the week where we went for our second gynae visit and confirmed that baby was growing well. Week 11 - told immediate boss as I was about to take a few MC here and there for doc appt Week 20-21 - told friends, relatives and other colleagues as I was already starting to show I didn't post anything related to my pregnancy on social media until I had successfully given birth.

Read more

I only announce my pregnancy after 6months, parent included. We were just being careful and protective towards our own feelings. Wanted to keep the news to ourselves until the pregnancy is stable. We lost previous pregnancy due to ectopic, and experience hurtful remark instead of encouragement.

I informed my immediate family and in laws in the first trimester. Also informed my bosses and close colleagues (who won't spread the news around) in first trimester. As for the rest, will just leave it to them to find out themselves when they see my bump haha

Told my parents and mil about 7 or 8 weeks in, after the first visit to the gynae. Told my parents that we struck lottery, and then showed them the "ticket" lol

I found out at 3 weeks. I'm 6 weeks now! I'm seeing the gynae in Wk 8 and plan to tell my parents & siblings the following week if all goes well :)

Influencer của TAP

after 1st trimester