When to let your friends and family know you are pregnant?

Hi all, first time mom here. I’ve not told or shared about my pregnancy to anyone other than my husband. Im in my late 20s and a few of my friends have had their miscarriages and it made me very cautious. I am 7 weeks in and I still don’t feel comfortable telling anyone due to the fear of unsuccessful term. I was thinking of letting the news out only in 2nd trimester. Is it being unreasonable? Should I share with someone? #firstbaby

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i have not share the news with my parents or in-laws because we have concerns that if something happens (*touchwood), they would be disappointed. first trimester can be unstable, so we are keeping it to ourselves at the moment. It is such a happy news so it's quite difficult to keep it from my parents, especially my mom.

Read more

Same here, only my husband knows… I’m not even telling my best friend and 1st tri can be lonely! Thankful for this platform :) But I’ll wait till 2nd tri to tell my fam and close friends :) I’m sure they’ll understand! Maybe some parents will be offended tho

I think it’s okay to share with family as they can look out and care for you. The first trimester is tough and I’m glad I shared with my family.

You can share it from second tri onwards. Probaly for some mum when pregnancy reach 5/6 months onwards. Your choice and you decide.

I think it is okay to tell the closest ones like your family. Sometimes, you need some emotionally support and guidance :)

Individual comfort level.