Difficulty breathing

Hi all, since 19 weeks into my pregnancy i will have difficulty breathing esp at night. I will wake up because of this and been sleeping propped up on pillows so its difficult to slp on my left or right side. Sometimes im so worried i might stop breathing since its so difficult!. Is this normal? Cant think of ways to prevent this other than continue to slp like this and hope it dont harm my baby.#pregnancy #firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mama, I'm not sure how your bump size is like, cause as it gets bigger it does press on the arteries a little and affects your circulation. If it's very bad, I would suggest for you to inform your gynae at the next visit just to make sure it's not something else affecting you. I did have difficulties breathing but I'm asthmatic and I'm already on long term medications pre pregnancy. I'm also monitored by my respiratory doctors during my pregnancy. As for breathlessness during sleep, it only got bad for me from third trimester. Hope all goes well for you!

Read more
Super Mom

Hi mama, breathlessness is common but it sounds like you’re experiencing a rather extreme case of this - have you asked your doctor about it?

thanks everyone. i shall speak to my gynae abt this!