Getting induced

Hi mumsies! I'm at week 38, and I've been given another week to try to naturally dilate before I get induced. I'm afraid, cos I've heard horrible, painful stories from those who have been induced. If you have been induced before, how was the experience like for you? What part of the induction hurt so bad? For those who weren't induced, what helped with natural dilation? I know sex, squats, walking and curb-walking help, and I'm gonna do them daily for the next 7 days 😂 Edit (update!): I didn't get induced! I had my bloody show at week 38 day 2, after a cervical check, and had contractions the next day. Went to admit myself on Sunday afternoon cos I was having contractions 6-10mins apart. Stayed overnight and was guided by nurses to do lots of walks around the ward and also do deep sumo squats (5x10 secs each)! I feel that helped. I had also been drinking the raspberry leaf tea as well as dates daily. Our bundle of joy came out on 1 April! 😍

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was 38 weeks when I decided to induce my daughter due to her low growth weight (2.6kg during last scan at 38 weeks). finally decided to induce at 38 weeks and 5 days at 4pm. they inserted 1 pill and by 8 pm my water bag burst and I was in active labour (I was already 3cm dilated). pain felt like mild menses cramps. 2/10 pain level. To help quicken the dilation process, I did squats and walked around the hospital for 2 rounds. Was wheeled into the labour room and things got more intense after Pitocin. pain was gradually increasing but I just concentrated on my breathing. thank god for the breaks in between contraction. lol. I did not take epidural or laughing gas as I didn't like the feeling of mask on my face. hahha. felt like it was preventing me to focus on my breathing. by 2 am i was 10 cm dilated and my baby was delivered. overall, I felt like my induction was not as scary as i heard and read it to be. I tried to focus on relaxing my muscles so that it would not be so tense. telling my self to let my body to its thing and not be stressed. focus on your breathing and relax ur muscle. not all induced labour are scary. :)

Read more
1mo trước

during my last scan I was not yet dilated but my gynae said that baby head is in the right spot eventho I thot she needs to be lower. I did a lot walking , squats and some stretches( in youtube) to help my baby get into the ' right' position. don't worry too much. baby and your body will figure it out. :)