Mums, I just found out I m pregnant again - and I am not ready for the second one. I am thinking of an abortion. Any advice for me? What is the abortion process like?

83 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Normally people will not encourage abortion coz it is taking a life away. The guilt that follows after abortion will not be any lesser... I'm not ready and not willing to have a third child telling everyone that factory closed after second but just like you, I'm loss when I found out I'm pregnant and wanting to abort the baby too. Even family and hubby agreed but in the end we cannot face the fact to kill a innocent life with our hands and to live a easier life by making an irreversible bigger mistake. We choose to have this baby in the end. Yes, we are not financially well to do, we have to be extremely thrifty and we cannot go for holidays and such but we are blessed to have our kids with us which a lot of couples cannot even have a child of their own. Family members will doubt that since we are not well to do our kids will not be happy but we do believe that we as parents will give our best and do our best to make our little family a happy family. Rich doesn't equal to being a happy family Poor doesn't mean that the family will be unhappy Ready or not is all in our own mindset Please think twice before making a decision.

Read more

I will advise the same here - pls don't abort, baby is totally innocent, beautiful life just gona get blown out like a candle in the wind if u abort. I am not sure abt the abortion process personally but too familiar with the miscarriage and need to wash process. Depending on the stage of pregnancy, it's usually giving u some medicine and then some cases cramp and then later dilate the crevice to manually scrap u clean - depending on the size of the baby - baby could be peeled and crushed and vacuumed out. Also consider that u run a risk of being infertile because the cleaning process is manually done - there is a small chance Gyne might over clean and then ur womb is injured so next time VERY HARD to get pregnant. Sure u can get a good Gyne but like I said, it's a manual process - so u run that risk. To be fair, I think it's a legitimate feeing abt not feeling ready for another child as everyone's support at home is different but I think that u should discuss w ur husband. Because having 2 is not possible to do it alone, think carefully. Once done cannot be undone - and u will always be wondering the "what if" forever

Read more

I don’t have any experience with abortion, but my mom aborted her 5th when I was 14. Now that 16 years has passed, she still regrets and dreams about her aborted fetus or child, and talk about what it could have been. I bet it is not an easy choice for u, but talk to your partner. U might be able to prevail with him or her by ur side. I always take baby as a blessing. A lot of mummies around me tried to have a baby for years but did not succeed. And, you are blessed with a second one. Whatever you do, think it through. Every situation is different, as long as you think the choice is best for your family, the unborn child and you. It is not a complicated process to get an abortion, u can go to the clinic or hospital to get it done, but it is definitely an emotional ride. Just think it through before committing.

Read more

I will tell you that the abortion process is physically like a menstrual cramp if it's super early - 1st trimester. If you wait longer it can be very uncomfortable. Additionally, realize that the potential trauma is mostly from the people around you so be careful who you tell. Basically keep it to your partner and yourself unless you think someone should know. I don't even need to look to know that the more religious types, specifically the Abrahamic religions, will say you are rejecting a gift from God or something . But please understand that you and your existing child are gifts from God too. If you are not ready, then don't have them. Get the procedure. Think it through, and if you don't want a second, then don't have one. Women are not solely for reproduction, we are control our bodies. Stay strong, honey.

Read more

abortions are a massive decision and one you can never take back. I would seriously ask you to think about this. try not to let fear or shock rule your decisions give yourself some time. I would also suggest you look at your birth control measures. I know "accidents" happen but if both partners are using protection it's very unlikely if close to impossible pregnancy can happen. Abortions are not a nice process they don't just affect you physically but also mentally it's never something you can just walk away from. you will always remember it and it's effect on you. if it's anything like a miscarriage it's uncomfortable and painful and messy. speak to your GP or family planning centre and they will discuss this with you. But I seriously advise you think on this with a clear mind

Read more

Please don't do it. My daughter came as a huge surprise for my husband and I, I put my faith in God and now shes 2, and I can't imagine life without her. Think of your child he/she will have a brother/sister in their life now. Babies will always come as a surprise and it's normal to feel like we aren't ready but you're going to be alright. Please reconsider having an abortion. Babies are a huge blessing, it's an innocent baby who is going to love you unconditionally, and see you as there entire world. Everything is going to be ok just take it one step at a time. God does not burden a soul with more than they can bear. I hope you reconsider this big decision and hope you find ease in whatever is making you feel this way.

Read more

Hi there, my advise is pls dun abort. I was in the same shoe last yr when i found out i was pregnant again with then 2nd. Just like you it was an accident and i wasn't prepared for a 2nd child. I was thinking of aborting too but at the same time was scared of the abortion process as i remembered having a friend who did that during our young age and she said it hurts so much. I'm glad i chose not to abort cos now my 2nd girl (5 months) is so bubbly and looking at her angel face makes my tired day turns to a wonderful day. You will be alright. Just go ahead and welcome the 2nd baby. Jia you!!

Read more

please think again and again and again. i know i dont have a right to tell u what to do in your life. but please rethink it again..will u not going to regret it? will ur conscience can take the outcome? will u be the same person again after doing it? maybe there are some other options out there..ask social services..ask the welfare...ask the orphanage...ask some legal advice..maybe there are people wanting to adopt and pay for your expenses while ur pregnant..there are people wanting that baby.. and you might not get another one next time when you want one.

Read more

Hon, nobody is ready for any baby. Not the 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. Do what you think is best. If at the end of the day you believe 100% in your heart that an abortion is better for you than so be it. Always keep in mind that just because you're not ready doesnt mean you cant be. You know all your options and what you feel most comfortable with. Go with your gut. If there is a dad always keep him involved and make sure he may not be up for keeping it if you're not or whatever I know its your body and youd be the one to hold it in your belly for 9 mo and birth it. Hope for the best!

Read more

Hi, I think, you should discuss it with your husband as well and act accordingly. Because these decisions if not taken with utmost conviction often make us repent, sometimes, throughout our lives. What process your doctor will follow will depend on which week you are in. It can be done through medication if you are in your early week of pregnancy. Then there is surgical abortion in the second trimester. Please go through the following link to have detailed insight into the procedures. http://americanpregnancy.org/unplanned-pregnancy/abortion-procedures/

Read more