Big size baby at 36 weeks

Hello mummies, just wanted to know about my baby who is 3.4kg now I am 36 weeks pregnant. I am worried becoz still got 2 to 3 weeks for my delivery. Is this weight normal or will it be risk for my baby. Dr said need to go for c section delivery. Pls share your experiences. Also will this risk me for preterm delivery?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was in a similar situation. My baby was 3.5kg at 36 wks. My gynae was pro natural but did tell me of the higher chances of getting into a long and hard labour if his weight continued to rise. I tried cutting down on my food but he still grew to est 3.9kg by 38 weeks. By then, I was still not dilated at all even aft walking and squatting alot. My gynae said tt likely his head was too big for my canal. I'm a petite 5ft 1 mama. So aft much contemplation i decided to do elective csect at 39 weeks because I didn't want to risk an emergency csect. Baby came out to be 3.8kg eventually. And my csect was a blessing in disguise as baby's cord was ard his neck during birth. Tt cld hve also been the reason he cld not progress through the birth canal.

Read more