C Sect experience and advices pls!

Hi mummies! I'm 34+6 weeks now. But during my last check up, I was told that my baby might be too big for vaginal delivery, and will need to opt for c sect at possibly 36 weeks. My first 2 babies are considered big too, that's what the dr's said. 1 was born at 3.2kg and the other 4.2kg. If it goes this way, it will be my 1st time to experience c sect delivery as my first 2 pregnancies was normal vaginal birth. I'm scared and nervous as I do not know what to expect before, during and after the operation. Can I please have some advices and tips for these 3 stage? And also, is my husband allowed to accompany me during c sect?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For elective csect, husband can follow u in OT.. Mine was emergency csect so not sure if its going to be the same as elective. You will be awake and you wont feel anything waist down. The effect of the anaesthesia for me was i was shaking uncontrollably throughout the whole procedure and after.. Csect procedure is very fast. When baby is out, they will show you baby and then you will be wheeled to the observation area. You will be encouraged to walk the next day.. So I was already able to go to the toilet for both businesses / shower the next day without water touching your csect area. You can open the dressing after 7 days and your wound will most likely be dried up and closed by then.. all the best mummy, may all go well for you :)

Read more
11mo trước

thank you for sharing! a bit more worried now cos I'm more to chubby side, afraid of wound getting infected 😅

i went thru emer csect. my husband was not allowed to enter. please be mentally prepared with the csect wound pain when you anaesthesia have worn out. eat your painkiller pills. the recovery process is tough. have somebody to HELP you and your baby. all the best!