Confinement

Hi mummies, im due in mid june. Currently the weather is so hot i sweat buckets even with the fan on the highest speed and me doing nothing. I tried negotiating with my husband to let me wipe myself during the 2nd half of the confinement but he doesnt want to take the risk and doesnt allow me. He says he doesnt want me to have aches all over when im old but its too hot.................... Any solution to combat the icky sweatiness aftermath? Oh, at least i negotiated the aircon part haha.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

But even confinement allows for herbal baths right? Personally, I feel the aches come because we keep carrying and handling the baby. Even my husband who didn’t give birth also has the aches 😅 And we’re not even old yet. It’s great that your husband’s concerned about your health, but I really hope you at least get to wipe yourself down or have a herbal bath. For the record, I took normal warm baths. Those actually helped my tiredness and body aches a lot. And my joints are fine now (1st kid is 4mo, 2nd is 8mo). Didn’t use air con the first few months after delivery.

Read more

I gave birth this time last year Oh Man! It’s way too hot I did everything I am not suppose to I even went and stayed in the pool halfway during confinement coz it’s too hot that my MIL screamed at my hubby coz she can’t scream at me I couldn’t take it the weather and I don’t even know what else to tell you and I completely understand what u mean!

Read more

I don’t think there is an issue with bathing. Just take a warm bath and dry yourself quickly. Good hygiene is important too to prevent any infections and discomfort. Think the myth of no bathing comes from a time where they had no heaters.

I boiled water with Chinese herbs for my wife to bathe during her confinement. She only used fan but not blowing directly on her. So far so good.

Thành viên VIP

Can on aircon. Is better than using fan. Maybe you can clean using herbal bath or home made rice wine

Thành viên VIP

I'd used aircon and fan during confinement, weather simply too hot. Even wear bra also got heat rash

Influencer của TAP

i mostly stayed in aircon room

Influencer của TAP

Aircon can fan cannot!