No epidural

Hi mummies! Contraction feels like very bad menses cramp? Without epidural, can ‘survive?’ 🥺 pain tolerance quite high. First time mum here:)

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i am high tolerance for menstrual cramp but yesterday i gave birth to my baby boy, it was unexpectedly so much worst. It feels like you have very bad menstrual cramp plus so much heavy pressure on your pelvic. Few minutes before your baby's born, you will feel like want to pee a lot and at the same time you feel an urge to push something from your vagina. even if you try to hold not to push, it's really unbearable you automatically starts pushing it. You need to tell the midwife or doctor when you feel this urge so they can check your dilation. If it's full dilation then push it hard. I used Entonox gas during labour, it makes you "flying" so you can bear the pain. Try to put epidural as last option because this kind of anesthesia has a risk that can fail you into worst case. It may sound scary but once you hear your baby crying, you will feel alot more relieved 😊

Read more