No epidural

Hi mummies! Contraction feels like very bad menses cramp? Without epidural, can ‘survive?’ 🥺 pain tolerance quite high. First time mum here:)

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i am high tolerance for menstrual cramp but yesterday i gave birth to my baby boy, it was unexpectedly so much worst. It feels like you have very bad menstrual cramp plus so much heavy pressure on your pelvic. Few minutes before your baby's born, you will feel like want to pee a lot and at the same time you feel an urge to push something from your vagina. even if you try to hold not to push, it's really unbearable you automatically starts pushing it. You need to tell the midwife or doctor when you feel this urge so they can check your dilation. If it's full dilation then push it hard. I used Entonox gas during labour, it makes you "flying" so you can bear the pain. Try to put epidural as last option because this kind of anesthesia has a risk that can fail you into worst case. It may sound scary but once you hear your baby crying, you will feel alot more relieved 😊

Read more

For my 1st pregnancy, I had to induce at 41wks. At first it was bearable but as it gets more intense and my dilation was still stuck at 3cm plus after about 17hours, I gave up and took epidural. This is also after I took the injection which only works for 1.5hours and the gas which barely worked for me. So yeah, I decided to take the epidural because I really needed to rest as I still need to dilate. But during the pushing itself, I can feel the pain and all. I'm not sure why as other mummies told me they can't feel but i felt the contraction pain and all. I suggest to keep an open mind for it and keep epidural as your last resort if you really cannot take it.

Read more
Super Mom

I usually have pretty bad menstrual cramps. I would say that the contractions can be about 20x that intensity, and the tearing sensation when baby’s head is going through the vagina literally feels like your flesh is tearing apart.. sharp and intense. You don’t have to decide right now as to whether you want epidural:) when you start having regular contractions (1 every 5 min), you can still stay home for a while (if your water bag hasn’t burst) and see if you can manage the pain. Even when you get to the hospital, you can try the laughing gas first and see how much that helps:) then if you cannot bear the pain, ask for epidural

Read more

I think it also depends how long is your labor and what time ur r in labor. So for example I woke up at 10am on 12-Mar and when I was getting ready to sleep at 1am 13-mar, my water bag broke and only gave birth at 6pm 13-mar. So I literally will not be able to sleep for 20hrs if not for epidural. I felt like if I had a short labor especially only after a long sleep, I will be able to endure without epidural. So for me I opt for it because I’m really very tired instead of it’s very pain.

Read more

I was induced and induced with oxytocin drips is 10times worst then normal contractions! My pain threshold is high so I didnt take epidural only took gas, but at 6cm and my gynae increases the drips from 30ml to 60ml that is when I wanna give up so I took the epidural, I get to sleep for an hour and the contractions came back again I was already 9cm open and I decided to push my baby out! In the labour suite for 6 hours only.

Read more
4y trước

Ha, that explains why i gave up on laughing gas at 7hrs and gave in to epidural

I just gave birth 2 weeks ago. I told myself i am not going to use epidural. My husband also ask me to try holding on. But at 4cm doctor broke my waterbag, the contractions was intense. i tried using the gas for 30mins but, it’s too painful. i right away opt for epidural, im so happy i made that decision. i could sleep after that. & woke up to 7cm... i had a smooth delivery.☺️☺️

Read more

Im using gas and my gynae gave an injection on my thigh no epidural, it works for me. 1st 3hr i can tolerate with the pain, after my waterbag burst at 4cm,my gynae gave me injection on my thigh and giving birth in 3hrs. Kinda smooth delivery for me. Only in labour room for 6hr.

Thành viên VIP

I didnt want to take the epidural but from 8am to 2.30pm i was still stuck at 3cm dilated and my contraction was so bad and painful. In the end i cried telling my husband that i can no longer endure and took it. U can decide on that day. Only you know your own pain tolerance. 😊

Hi, I survived without epidural or laughing gas. It was manageable for me as I was able to endure till 5cm dilation. Then 7cm onwards was more painful but bearable. After the water bag burst, the pushing wasn’t pain le. You can decide on that day.

Thành viên VIP

Its so hard to say. Thrs soooo many mummies that made it thru without epidural. But to me it was horrible i cnt even stay beyond 4cm without epidural want to D I E