just knew that my husband has autism, currently pregnant with his son

Hi Moms... I’m really disappointed right now... it turns out my husband has autism, although it’s a mild level... but he never told me this before. I never suspected anything because I didn’t feel like there was anything wrong. Sometimes his behavior was a bit strange, but I thought that’s just how he is. I saw it as just his quirks. It’s not that I don’t want to accept him, but now I’m pregnant with his child and I’m so scared that his autism will be passed down to our baby. I’m not ready. What should I do, moms? 😭😭

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, it seems that you’re in shock over your husband’s admittance that he’s on the spectrum. Rather than (un)acceptance of his condition, you’re more afraid about the possible implications it might bring to your unborn child. It’s perfectly normal to feel that way as parents (: even when my husband sometimes becomes remotely rude to my in-laws I’ll be thinking about not wanting his “rudeness” to rub off my child. That said, while there is a higher risk (1~5% more) than normal population, it’s not a guarantee your child will be on the spectrum. In fact, research has shown that mothers with ASD are more likely to have children diagnosed with the same condition than fathers with ASD. Parental genetic history don’t increase the risk as much as having siblings with ASD so stay positive and hopeful for now fellow mommy!

Read more

so what? u married your husband. he must be an amazing man. everyone has something these days. for those who are not diagnosed with any illness, they will have other vices like being toxic or stupid. all child is unique and have their own path in this world. maybe u will have some other illness in years to come and what if ur husb is the one who is disappointed in you?? this is such a weird statement to say about the love of your life. anyone can be diagnosed with anything at any point of their life. family stick together. there are no perfect person in this world. be thankful that its just autism and not cancer or anything serious like that.

Read more

hello, maybe you can do a full the test. my Dr actually mentioned that mixed blood hence high risk mummy is best to do the additional test. is not compulsory, if you really worry, you can do the test. I did mine at nuh. coz am 36 already, so called under the high risk category! is around 800 but after some subsidy is around 700. is a full test, etc. maybe you can check with your gynaecologist.

Read more

Only you and your husband can decide what to do with the baby. Please do not make rash decisions on your own without having any thorough discussion with your husband

Do the necessary tests, don’t be negative. Everyone is somewhere on the spectrum, just different levels and never tested only.

Influencer của TAP

try to stay positive... hopefully nothing 🙏💕

i think got tests for this,