Epidural

Does taking epidural really has it’s risk after birth? Everyone around me told me not to take it since they didn’t take it as well due to the risks (mum & in laws). But i’m scared!!!

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Ideally best not to take it as the side effects can be uncomfortable. I took it as I had no other choice. For me it feels good during labour. You can't feel much pain. But there are risks of taking it as explained by the doctor. One of it is that as they inject it into you, chances are that they may not be able to inject it directly in the middle (esp if you move around) and you may feel more of the pain relief on one side. For me my left side got most of it and my left leg got numbed 100%. Then when comes to pushing part, I can't feel much down there so I'm just literally pushing whatever I could out of me. But I do feel my baby came out of me and that feels good. Afterwards recovery period my tail bone there hurts a lot. Its better now but occasionally especially when I don't have enough rest, the pain comes back. At the end of the day, choose what's best for you and your baby. It really depends on situation. Everyone's different. Our parent's time is different than ours. They have different lifestyle etc that influences our body's pain threshold and health. You do you monma .

Read more

I feel totally fine leh. Everyone is talking about back pain and scare you with it esp my MIL. But my mom rebut and say she didn’t take epidural when giving birth, but she still experience back pain from doing all the house work. It’s really all about how you takecare of yourself. Yes my back was really pain when into the first month of taking care of my newborn, but I think that is what everyone will go through unless you have a confinement lady helping you with most of the chores (I didn’t engage one). Now I am 3 mths PP, I feel as energetic as a dragon. No pain at all now even though I am still doing housework everyday and bending down to carry my LO. Do more stretching and light exercise to keep ur body healthy and strong to support your body weight. Good luck !

Read more

Hi! In my case, I also didn't suffer any of the side effects as warned by others. Only that during delivery, I felt more numbness on the left leg but the anesthesiologist had warned prior the procedure that my spine was slightly curved and that was expectes. I did consult with him about the backpain side effect that everyone warned me about, he attributed to many mommies simply lying down and not moving, due to the many advice of resting during confinement. He joked that it dun mean confine to the bed 😅 So I basically kept myself on my feet all the time! But like the other mommies said, I did have some discomfort in my back, but only because of carrying the LO, rocking him to bed etc. 🤣

Read more

not really bah. i had epidural and the only side effects was during and right after delivery. now, only back pain but mainly bc carrying LO and bending too much. Once on labour ward, only you can decide to take anot,if you cant handle the pain. they have no say bc its your own body mah. take care mummy 🥰

Read more
Super Mom

There's no proof that epidural has any long term side effects. Most people will have back pain after birth anyway but it's mostly from taking care of baby. I took epidural for my csect and after one year plus I don't really feel any clear effect.

Super Mom

Every procedure has its risks, but the serious risks are low. If labour is painful and you want relief from the pain, and some rest, just go ahead with epidural if you’re okay to accept the low risks:)

Influencer của TAP

I don't have any side effect after the epidural wear off. But 8 month pp I have back pain it's the spot where epidural was jab. So I guess partly cos didn't rest well partly epidural

Thành viên VIP

Just follow what your body tells you ok? I didn’t take epidural but I still suffer backpain from carrying and rocking baby every night to sleep.

i did not have side effects after epidural wears off