Cheating Husband who makes less money than me

Just found out my husband of 8 years has been cheating on me. I'm devastated but more concerned for the kids - they are 3 and 5, and from every study I have read, divorce is one of the worst things that can happen to a child. I can't bear to do this to them but at the same time, I'm not sure I can ever forgive my husband. I am not financially dependent on him (I actually make more money than him). He is still a great father...I really don't know what to do. Please help.

30 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I guess, marriage is primarily about two people getting together because they love each other and trust each other. Whatever happens after is secondary. But still I would say that if you see that your husband is inherently a good husband and cheated on you because he got carried away or just went with the sway, and is sorry for that, you can give him one chance. You can separate for him, and during this separation period you can decide how it affects your life and kids', and on that basis you can decide whether to divorce him or not. I know cheating is something that is unpardonable but we all are humans and we all do faults. So, this was his. See, how he fares during the time of separation and how guilty he is for cheating you, because if you will not be able to forgive him, your relationship will turn bad even if you will live together.

Read more