Stress

I'm currently staying with my mother in law. I was planning to do 100days instead of 1st month because I feel have more time to prepare and would be easier in terms to booking venue and stuff. however, my mil is against the idea and insist on celebrating baby's 1st month. tried to explain to her our concern (financially) but she still kind of wants her way. don't wish to go against that because I'm worry might be seeing her black face... but I feel, baby is mine, so me and my husband should have th say instead of her. :/ I feel so not respected as my LO's parent.....

28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just don’t do don’t plan . If her face becomes black , use your husband as a shield and say that he wants 100 days ( I think you should tell him you will use him as a shield, so if anything were to happen he will need to handle his own mom which I think is fair enough). Tell her in the face no money , you will only do it if you have sponsors . Which means you are telling her indirectly to pay for it if she wants it . I feel that by doing that you’ll help you , your husband and your child in a long run and she will understand you are the one taking charge of the finance part . This kind of tradition is really annoying .

Read more