Stress

I'm currently staying with my mother in law. I was planning to do 100days instead of 1st month because I feel have more time to prepare and would be easier in terms to booking venue and stuff. however, my mil is against the idea and insist on celebrating baby's 1st month. tried to explain to her our concern (financially) but she still kind of wants her way. don't wish to go against that because I'm worry might be seeing her black face... but I feel, baby is mine, so me and my husband should have th say instead of her. :/ I feel so not respected as my LO's parent.....

28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Influencer của TAP

She is not in the wrong, u are too. Because for chinese 100 days are meant for something else. As for us the current trend is 100 days. U can get your hubby to talk to your mum, but ultimately have to see who is willing to take a step back and accept the other party suggestions. All the best

Thành viên VIP

Older generation still prefer 1 month. Since it is your in law, ask your hub to deal with it. But honestly, if it is really just a financial issue, this kind of celebration won't really "lose" money as the invitees will give presents and angpaos.

You can suggest to have the 1st month only within the family and then do a real celebration subsequently. Just tell them too many germs and baby’s immunity is not strong enough for so many ppl to touch and carry baby.

I ignore my mil also. Whatever she wants, all I reject and just dont care... from naming, 100th days, whether to bath during confinement etc. All is my way... I asked my hub to tell his mum to shut up.

Same case here. Eventually we had a 1st month party but i only had my parents and cousin over cos i had all my friends and colleagues visited me at home from time to time =D

I think probably 100days doesn’t sound nice for older generations... Maybe the 1st month just for the close relative and 100days for a group of friend n colleague?

Hais. Mil always 管太多 my mil same same... Hug hug. Mayb get ur hubby talk to her instead. This is what I do. I really scare I get depressed during my confinement...

5y trước

Wah sil also involved then jialat. Lucky is ur hubby still side u. No choice lor then.

Thành viên VIP

I've seen people who do both. 1st month only a small celebration within own family. 100 days with extended relative & your friends. Does this work for you & mil?

100 days would be better in terms of baby immunity as their immunity is stronger than 1st month.. you can put it this way to her now with virus going on

Thành viên VIP

Please remove ur mother in law. She is toxic and u shldnt be controlled by her. Unless she is paying for the celebration. U need to be firm