work

I just started working in this new company for about a month plus and I'm about 12 weeks pregnant. I also just recently have informed my company that Im pregnant too and I'm frequently taking mc because I'm always falling sick. I'm just afraid that they will terminate me. Will they terminate me due to my poor health?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congrats!!!! It’s Unlikely they would terminate you. It’s understandable during pregnancy you go through morning sickness etc. Am sure you can talk to your boss regarding this. Do they have work from home option? It would be useful in situations like this. Don’t worry about this and stress out . It’s the time to feel happy! All the best with your pregnancy. May you have a healthy and happy baby 🤗

Read more

I had same issued too. Found out pregnant in less then a month when I join new company. Decided to tell company due to might get more mc in the future. Then my hr manager tell me at the end of the month, say that I'm not suitable for the job as the job is too fast speed for me.

You can always write into MOM if they terminate you based on your frequent MC due to your pregnancy, as that is discrimination

Thành viên VIP

Don't think they can terminate you when you're pregnant. Probably will make you leave the company yourself

Influencer của TAP
Thành viên VIP

Pregnant employees have certain maternity protections during this period so not to worry...

Might be considered as wrongful termination if they do. Best to check the MOM guidelines

I believe there's some protection for mothers

Thành viên VIP

There’s maternity protection