shared parental leave

Hi there, anyone here knows anything about how the shared parental leave goes about? I need some advise here. As I am going to take my ML for 2months and 2 weeks only. And come back to work. As i worked only for 6 mths with company.. I was 6 weeks pregnant when i started my job at the company i'm currently working with. Would like to hear from you mummies...

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am not sure if you are local but for a Singaporean-born baby, the mother is entitled for 16 weeks (8 weeks paid by company, another 8 by government). If 2.5 months I am not sure how your company is going about that. It sounds like an under table deal. Honestly most companies would refrain from hiring pregnant women because they need to pay your salary while you are on maternity leave, but your company hired you anyway in return of the cut maternity leave. Shared parental leave is completely another matter. It’s about sharing your leave entitlement with your husband.

Read more

In simple sense, if your child is Singaporean & you have worked for your company for at least 03 months before the birth of your child, you are entitled to 16 weeks of maternity leave. (If you & your company agree that they employ you in exchange for less leave, that is between u & company. If not, u can fight for your full 16 weeks.) In this 16 weeks, you can transfer maximum of 04 weeks to your husband. So means u will have 12 weeks & he a total of 06 weeks.

Read more

Hello as long as you are a Singaporean who has work at least 3m in the same company from the day you delivered, you are entitled to take 16 weeks ML. 8 weeks will be continuous and remaining can be flexible and take within 12m. It has nothing to do with whether you are preg or not when you joined the company. Please make sure you are fairly treated by the company.

Read more
Influencer của TAP

Shared parental leave is mummy give her maternity leave to daddy cause daddy only have 2 weeks paternity leave Normally mummy don't share because 4 months is never enough 😉 You can still use your balance maternity leave when you return to work

4y trước

However my employer and i only spoke about my leave which will be taken in the initial 2.5 months and no more leave thereafter. Is this right, cos i was pregnant when i joined the company ..

Super Mom

This article may help:) https://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/leave/shared-parental-leave Your husband can apply for up to an extra of 4 weeks from your 16 weeks, on top of his 2 weeks of paternity leave

Read more
Thành viên VIP

means u can give ur husband 2 wk of ur maternity

Good information