I just found out that I am pregnant, and I'm planning to visit my gynecologist soon. What questions should I make sure to ask her?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There are many questions you can ask your gynae in your first appointment. Here's sharing what I asked! Hope this list helps. How much weight should I gain, and at what rate? Do I have an increased risk of any specific complications or conditions? What screenings do I need? What kind of diet should I follow? What should I eat and drink a lot of, and what should I avoid? Should I be doing any particular kind of exercise? What kind and amount is safe? Are there any restrictions on sex throughout my pregnancy? Are there any restrictions I need to know about traveling while pregnant? What over-the-counter medications are safe, and in what amount? Are there any I should avoid? Are the prescription medications I’m currently taking safe? If not, what can I take or do instead? Which prenatal vitamin do you recommend? What symptoms should I expect, and how can I manage them? What’s normal, and what should I call you about?

Read more