can i fast?

I just found out that I'm pregnant again after my 1st miscarriage abt 1year ago. And its fasting month now. Can i continue fasting?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

First of all, CONGRATS! Secondly, I think best not as at this stage, 1st trimester that is, because baby is growing very fast and needs alotof nutrients at regular eating timings. If you eat alot at one go, baby will be in "shocked" or overwhelmed. And also this stage is crucial as important parts of the body are forming like the face, heart, skin, stomach brain, etc. Mid 2nd and 3rd trimesters maybe not as bad to fast as baby is jz growing in size, not major developments like in first trimester. But if unwell, best not to. Baby's health comes 1st as we are berjihading for this baby. It's our responsibility to keep them healthy. I had a miscarriage too. So I am more careful now. Well I did try to fast for 5 days but I got very sharp cramps that made me decided not to fast for the rest of Ramadhan. Sad but, have to as I'm having bad morning sickness too. I've paid Fidyiah at Muis via online. It's $1.40 per day you cannot fast. All the very best and take care 💕

Read more
3y trước

Alhamdulillah it all went well! Thank you for sharing sis :)

Thành viên VIP

Hi congrats on your pregnancy.. As for fasting it Really depends on your body. I just gave birth last year. And preggy again now plus fully breastfeeding my 5mth. (contarary to popular beliefs breastfeeding is not an effective contraceptive. I fall in the small percentage of ppl.) first pregnancy I got to fast full 30 days. And alhamdullilah got to fast and feed baby for this ramadhan too.. What's most important is your sahur meal and eat your folic acid! :) you can do it mummy!

Read more

You can consult your gynae if you’re unsure. I’m in my third trimester and my gynae told me it’s not worth to fast at this point as my baby is small and need more nutrients. And also need to keep hydrated, especially in this humid weather.

I found out i was pregnant during fasting month last year. Continued with fasting but skipped on those days where i know i cant take it. Listen to your body and dont over exert. Islam itu indah. Dia tak akan memudaratkan

Check with your doctor first but I think for first trimester, better not

Thành viên VIP

guess you're still in your first trimester, better not.

Thành viên VIP

It's better to care for your pregnancy 1st..

Better not to. Consult your doctor first

You don’t need to fast

Fyi

Post reply image