I just found out that the baby I am carrying has high risk of Down syndrome. My Husband wants to keep it. I don't. I don't think I will be able to cope and I am very horrified and ashamed that I might have done something in this pregnancy to cause this. I don't know what I did wrong. I never drank a sip of alcohol. I quit my job and take care of myself very well in this pregnancy. What should I do.

34 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there, don’t be disheartened. I did Panorama test at 12 weeks and DS result was fine but turns out I had high risk for DiGeorge and was very shocked and went through very trying times with my husband. But remain strong and communicate all your feelings, fears and thoughts with your husband. He is and will be your strongest supporter and pillar of strength. I would suggest don’t jump to conclusion first that “this is the end/ this is it” but rather, get ur gynae to explain to you clearly the risk, and whether you should go for Amnio test. After my first NIPT results, I did a level 3 detailed fetal scan, and my gynae recommended I do Amnio test to be almost 100% accurate. I trusted him and followed his advice and just last week (after almost 2 months of anxiety), results were cleared, and the DiGeorge syndrome was a false positive. So don’t give up just yet, make informed decisions with your husband. You can do it!!

Read more