trouble sleeping (second trimester 23w)

dear mummies, I'm having trouble sleeping even with a U-shaped pregnancy pillow. I've been actively sleeping on my left but with the increasing sized of the bump, it's getting harder as well as with the lower backache/tail bone pain. will appreciate any advice that would help! ):

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey there! Sorry to hear that you're having trouble sleeping during your second trimester. It can be tough, but there are definitely some things you can try to make it a bit easier. First off, have you considered adding some extra pillows to support your bump and lower back? Sometimes a combination of pillows can help distribute the weight more evenly and relieve some of the discomfort. You could try placing a pillow under your bump and another between your knees to see if that helps. Another thing to consider is trying different sleep positions. While sleeping on your left side is generally recommended during pregnancy, it's okay to switch things up if you're feeling uncomfortable. You could try sleeping on your right side or even propping yourself up slightly with pillows to see if that eases the pressure on your bump and back. If the tailbone pain is really bothering you, it might be worth checking in with a chiropractor or physical therapist who has experience working with pregnant women. They may be able to offer some techniques or exercises to help alleviate the discomfort. Lastly, don't forget to take some time to relax and unwind before bed. A warm bath, gentle stretching, or a little bit of light reading can all help prepare your body and mind for a better night's sleep. Hang in there, mama! You're doing great, and I hope these suggestions help you get some much-needed rest. Take care! :) https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

I’m in my third trimester now and I have sleep issues like you since first trimester. It got slightly better during second trimester but now the sleep is worse. You will get used to it. I suggest using heat pack, do some stretching before you sleep. Also try to sleep earlier to compensate for waking up in the middle of night so you eventually clock more sleeping hours. And u can try take naps when you can.

Read more

I’ve trouble sleeping too from week 20. I also tried sleeping actively on my left side but I gave up doing that. It stressed me and kept me wide awake having to focus sleeping on my left. Eventually I just sleep on whichever side and even on my back at times that leads me to sleep. It’s fine. Just adjust yourself if you feel achy in the position for so long.

Read more

Sleep will get worse in trimester 3 😢 and would be better if you can sleep on your left by then. Trimester 2 is still fine to sleep on your back or right side according to my gynae. You can consider to do some light yoga stretching to ease the ache or pain.

No more sleep problem after childbirth cause there won’t be any sleep 🫢 Jokes aside, maybe you wanna explore prenatal yoga? Check with your gynae if it’s ok for you

I just play mahjong or watch drama until 4am or 5am, then i will be too tired to feel discomfort 😅 even on work from office days 😂😂😂

I can't sleep on u shape pillow too. currently sleep on my back...stressing every night too