How much influence was there from grandparents, when deciding on baby's name?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Although parents from both sides did not interfere in the selection of baby's name, we wanted to choose a name that would be easily pronounced as my in laws are Chinese speaking. We didn't want to have our baby's name sound weird or have another meaning when it came out from their mouths. I believe we all know some jokes of funny names. Lol.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-640)

Thành viên VIP

My parents and parents in law did not have any say on my kids' names. Haha. If you are comfortable with them having a say in it, then it will be nice. They will definitely love it!

Thành viên VIP

I had 100% control over my child's name and I chose all her names. My dad suggested some English names but did not force his opinion on me.

No influence from grandparents. Of course, we afford them the privilege of giving names for their grandchild, but the final decision is ours

Same like Jamie, my parents is also supportive to go along with my husband who didn't want our daughter to have a chinese name.

I let the grandparents decide on Chinese Name and myself and husband decide on English Name.

thanks

They had no influence we named him by ourselves

My husband decide