Self fish dad

How do u all deal with selfish dad, a dad who only think for himself than his child. Was asking my husband for assistant to pick something up for LO to play during his feed (because he is super cranky and only settled down when he hold something) my husband said this ( I shouldn’t be at home, everything also ask me to take) I feel upset and feel like..... scolding him!

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Take a deep breath! When you react in anger, you may end up upsetting your husband as well, and he'll not help out even more. Maybe it really bothers him to be home. Some men cannot tolerate crying and would feel helpless. When you let him know how helpful that act (of picking up the toy) is, he may feel useful and more confident of handling such issues (with his child). Good luck! BIG HUGS

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Sorry to hear that. He sounds really lazy and bo chup. I would encourage with lots of please and thank yous. Until a point i might give up if it doesn’t work, and re-evaluate all other aspects of this marriage if I need such negativity in my life.

You need to reach out and speak to him. Maybe lay out your feelings and how the both of you can be a better team and parents to your child. I understand how easy it is to feel frustrated but man function differently so let it get to you.

Influencer của TAP

You should have s good chat with your Husband and clear the air in terms of expectations of the both of your roles as parents. Do not let this fester as it will Snowball into a major argument

Thành viên VIP

Thr are good and bad days for us sometimes.. Thr r times when i hear a lot of 'tsk tsk' from him and makes me feel v down

Thành viên VIP

Do have a good talk with your husband. He should understand that a child is both your responsibility , not just yours.

I think communication is the key... dont upset , I believe he also feeling helpless too... try talk to him

Sometimes my hub also like that!!! Such a drastic change ever since baby is out

Thành viên VIP

Chill... sometimes it happens. Relax and talk to him

Remind him that he's the one whom made you pregnant