NUH Subsidized Patient - C section

First time mom (with GDM) here. Very nervous about going for C Section. Anyone who went NUH recently had c section? Can walk through the process of the whole thing? 1) Will the injection on your back hurt very badly? 2) Will they allow the husband to be there for moral support? 3) Will they let you see the baby first? 4) Anything else that I have to take note of? Regarding the before, during and after c section? #firsttimemom #worried #advice #Csection #nuh

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey Mom! I'm also a Subsidized & GDM patient. I'm currently recovering at NUH. I had my second C-section here two days ago, on the 18th of July. My first one was also at NUH. Hey, listen. Whether it's subsidized or not, the service here is top-notch. They treat me like a VIP, no need for a private room. Why pay extra when you get the same care? The nurses and docs are super friendly and always make sure I'm comfortable. GDM ADVICE: Keep an eye on what you eat. Your surgery depends on your GDM readings too. 1) Spinal Epidurals don't hurt (for me) as long as you follow their instructions carefully, especially when they tell you not to move. If you move or get startled, they might miss the spot. It can be a bit uncomfortable, but they'll guide you through the process. My best advice is to think about something nice instead of focusing on how much it's going to hurt. Trust me, your mindset can make a big difference. 2) Yeah, they'll let your hubby in. They'll ask if the doc who scheduled your c-section said he can be in the operating room. I heard that for emergency c-sections, some hospitals don't allow husbands in, but it's usually okay for scheduled ones. Now, based on my own experience (my first and second babies were emergency c-sections), my husband was allowed to be with me. Just remember, if he's allowed in, he won't come until after you've had your epidural and are all set for surgery. So don't expect him to be there when you're getting the epidural. 3) They'll let you see the baby once it's born, just like they did with me. I even got to kiss mine and take a photo while they were stitching me back up. (That was my experience, too.) 4) Hey, here's a tip: always be sure to let your surgeon know how you're feeling during the procedure. For example, if you suddenly feel sick or want to throw up while they're operating, let the doctor or nurses know. Or if you're having trouble breathing, speak up so they know what to do and what not to do. Before your C-section, try not to worry too much. It'll only make you more scared. Just think positive and remember that you'll be meeting your little one soon. After your C-section, take all the rest you need. If you need more rest when they ask you to breastfeed, just let them know and they'll take care of your newborn and give them formula milk first. How much you can do after your surgery depends on how high or low your pain tolerance is. Yeah, it all depends on your situation. Everything is fine. Don't worry too much. I always tell myself, "I'm a strong momma for my babies, I can do this." It helps me to be brave and strong. I hope you have a smooth delivery! 🙏

Read more

Going for a C-section can be nerve-wracking, especially for first-time moms. Here is a walkthrough of what you can expect at NUH: 1) The injection in your back for the epidural may cause some discomfort, but the medical staff will do their best to make it as bearable as possible. It's normal to feel a pinch or pressure during the injection, but the pain should be manageable. 2) NUH usually allows the husband or a support person to be present during the C-section to provide moral support. Having a familiar face by your side can help ease your anxiety and provide emotional support during the procedure. 3) In most cases, after a C-section at NUH, they often allow you to see your baby first before any other procedures are conducted. This moment can be very special and can help foster the initial bond between you and your newborn. 4) Some things to note before, during, and after the C-section: - Before the procedure, follow all instructions provided by the medical team, such as fasting guidelines or medication intake. - During the C-section, stay as calm as possible, and communicate any concerns or discomfort to the medical staff. Focus on the end goal of a healthy delivery. - After the C-section, follow postoperative care instructions carefully, including wound care, pain management, and physical activity restrictions. Attend all follow-up appointments and reach out to healthcare providers if you have any concerns or questions. Remember to reach out to your healthcare provider at NUH for specific information tailored to your situation. Wishing you a smooth and positive birthing experience! #firsttimemom #worried #advice #Csection #NUH https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

depends on the nurse who doing the anestasia.. for me i kena 3 times.. 2 times inject wrongly.. but all went well..

all went well for me. my husband can come in too. injection on back not that hurt. Just abit discomfort

Influencer của TAP

went smoothly for me... all the best 🙏💕

q