Ask the Expert Series: How to Identify Signs of Labour?

Hello everyone! 👋 As your estimated-date-of-delivery (EDD) approaches, signs of labour are crucial indicators for expectant parents to note of. As a medical professional and a parent myself, I am delighted to be hosting this session to address your concerns and questions pertaining to signs and symptoms to look out for as your enter the final stage of your pregnancy. I am Dr Peter Wang, MBBS Anchor Doctor at Speedoc. Feel free to leave your questions or concerns in the comments section. I will do our best to respond to every question! 💡🗣️ Topic: How to Identify Signs of Labour? Date: Wednesday, 18th October 2023 Time: 8.00 - 9.00 pm

Ask the Expert Series: How to Identify Signs of Labour?
27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Are there any dietary or lifestyle tips that can help support a smoother labor process?

7mo trước

A well balanced diet high in fibre is essential. Incorporate fiber-rich foods like whole grains, fruits, and vegetables to help prevent constipation, which can be uncomfortable during labor. If you are not taking additional iron supplements, do consider having a diet that Includes iron-rich foods like lean red meat, beans, and leafy greens. Every labor and childbirth experience is unique, and it may not go exactly as planned. Having a well-balanced diet, staying well hydrated and active, and practicing relaxation techniques can contribute to a smoother labor process, but the most important thing is to be flexible and adaptable as you progress through labor, making the best choices for you and your baby's well-being in consultation with your healthcare provider.